Kluger gas conversion

Jason Springfield Lakes Ql

Hi. I am new to TOC - just signed up today.

I have a 2011 KX-S Kluger and looking to put gas on it.

There are quite a few companies that do the conversions and offer the kits.

Just wondering if anyone knows which are the better systems, or who has what system on their Kluger and any problems etc.

I've seen some of the older posts on TOC but most of what I have found is from 2008 and around that vintage - nothing much new.

Any help or suggetsions would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Jason

• 3 weeks later...

Before I bought the Kluger i used to have a commodore that I have converted to Gas. (duel fuel actually). I was advised by experts that Gas engines will wear out quicker than petrol because Gas is dry and eventially it will damage the pistons. To avoid this problem make sure you get them to install what I think called oil injectors that will keep your pistons lubricated. On my ex-commodore they were going to cost about $170. Worth to install specially if you drive long Kms. If you dont drive the car much it wont be worth converting as at some stage you will have problems with engine.

And make sure the Kit is Australian made. Imported cheap kits will cause back firing.

This is my advice but seek the experts.