Rightio Gents, I'm back again, with a plethora of little questions.

1. Fuel Capacity. So the handbook says the ZRE's have a 55L tank - However whenever i get to the fuel light on and the RANGE saying 0 kays left, I only manage to stick in 42L or so. Now I understand that there's always gonna be a few litres sloshing around in the tank, but 13L? Really? Is this other people's general experience too?

2. I underestimated how lame it is not to have a boot release button on the central locking remote. Can I get a different key (like a camry key perhaps) and code it so that I can remote unlock the boot? Anyone done this before?

3. 2ZR-FE. Which oil for Queensland?

4. Why is my speedo 6-7% out? I'm wearing 205/55/16s on the stock tyres - and they've got heaps of meat left on them. It's only gonna get worse as they wear. Everyone else have as bad a speedo error? Anyone done anything about it? Is it something I can change via software in some way or is it via a cog inside the gearbox?

5. Why does the dash have to beep at me so much? So what if i want to open my door whilst the key is in? How can I get it to pipe down?

Thanks for this folks, I appreciate your input.

Edited by Squire

1. correct. range is just an estimate but if you reach down to 0 range, ur gonna make ur fuel pump sh#t itself over time if u make it a habit. there is always a reserve of around 15L when the fuel light is on.

2. unsure but highly doubt it.

3. warmer climate? look in the manual. i'd use 5W30

4. cars speedo ALWAYS come out of the factory spinning a little faster than the actual speed. saves u from getting fines from "speed slipping"

5. u either live with it or cut the wires to the speakers. i suggest the former.

1. I found the "range" remaining is only an estimate. The most I have ever filled up is 45L with 670kms. I say do not rely on it too strictly; it's better to judge how much fill you got left by the kms you have driven with that tank and form a habit to fill up at a certain amount of kms (mine was 600km mark). As everyone says, it's not good to drive until it's nearly dry.

2. Probably not.

3. 5W-30, 10W-30, 10W-40

4. Mine is about 5kms out at 100km/hr (using a GPS) but like Duy said above, it's standard practice for car manufacturers.

5. Just live with it. Just be glad you're not driving a Levin ZR, more beeps and noises due to the keyless entry. :)

Get in an American vehicle, like a jeep grant Cherokee for example. Fk me, it's does.at least 3 to 4 different beep sequences when you first start it up. Now that's annoying, I'm not fussed about the beeps reminding me to belt up or shut the door :)

Btw I have the Levin ZR, doesn't beep that much.

Edited by barraspalding