Alarm System Failed!

I recently bought an '04 Camry Sportivo, it has the alarm system immobilizer installed.

I noticed a couple of days ago that when I would try to unlock the car with my remote using central locking the car wouldn't respond. It took literally 50 tries and playing around with the keys in the ignition for it to eventually demobilize.

Well today when I went to drive home, I pressed the remote to unlock the car and nothing happen, I tried disconnecting the battery terminals to reset the car, couldn't find a killswitch and googled how to reset the immobilizer.

To no avail my next step was to call RACQ, the roadside assistance came out. He tried to bypass the alarm system & override it. He basically concluded that the alarm system (mongoose) had fried itself. I also forgot to mention that the keyless entry (remote) is an aftermarket key.

He said I would have to put the car in at an auto-elecs to get a new system put in or for them to repair this one.

If anyone can please let me know, what sort of $$$ I'm up for a new alarm system to be installed (parts + labour).

I would even opt to have no alarm system, however still with keyless entry!

Any reccomendations and help is appreciated,

Cheers.

Had that problem myself.. I had the electrician completely remove the octopus of cabling and went without it in my Corolla..

I had a rhino immboliser installed this year in gt4, cost me $400 all up.. I didnt bother with siren or alarm trip set to doors.. as long as they cant start the car I'm happy.