CAI issues

XRSi

Hi There

A buddy and I decided to design/create or own CAI for the RunX RSi(Sportivo) as the cost to import a TRD/AEM CAi is just damn expensive ($??? X 6 = about R3000+).

We had a system which gave us an incredible increase from 1000rpm to 6000rpm after that the ride is dead, zero lift. Well not really zero lift the car goes into lift but 1 can feel a big power drop.

We have played around and I currently have a TRD CAI type setup in my ride, nice tone and a improvement in power in the mid rev range.

But we have 1 problem, when racing you only feel this power in 1st gear after that one keeps the revs in the 6000rpm+ range.

What I am looking for is an increase in power from 4500rpm onwards.

Has anyone played around with CAI`s?

Is this possible?

How?

Please let me know, Thanks.

Hi There

A buddy and I decided to design/create or own CAI for the RunX RSi(Sportivo) as the cost to import a TRD/AEM CAi is just damn expensive ($??? X 6 = about R3000+).

We had a system which gave us an incredible increase from 1000rpm to 6000rpm after that the ride is dead, zero lift. Well not really zero lift the car goes into lift but 1 can feel a big power drop.

We have played around and I currently have a TRD CAI type setup in my ride, nice tone and a improvement in power in the mid rev range.

But we have 1 problem, when racing you only feel this power in 1st gear after that one keeps the revs in the 6000rpm+ range.

Is this possible?

How?

There is a post somewhere here on CAI B)

Edited by QUICKSILVER

Hi There

Is this possible?

How?

Damn man, that sucks.

Any engineers on hand? :lol:

But in all seriousness mate, it is the general rule (back me up on this one guys) that a shorter intake pipe will give faster throttle response and more peak power, whereas a longer intake pipe is likely to give you torque boosts, notably in the midrange. When tweaking with the CAI's be careful when evaluating the performance of each prototype you come up with. Many people have trouble determining the difference between what more torque feels like and what more power feels like - i know i do :P