stevo1210's ZZE Corolla :)

stevo1210

Hey Everyone,

I haven't been back here in a while as I've been busy with moving house and uni etc. Anyway, I remember I posted a thread about my Corolla a few years ago when I first bought it off my parents. Anyway, a few years on... I'm getting old and nearly graduating from uni, and the car has well... changed!

When I got it, it was bare stock. Still had the 14" hubcaps/tyre combination, stock radio etc. Being a student, my funds are pretty limited even though I do work here and there. Over time I managed to put bits on here and there and well, I have a better looking car now!

I've driven newer cars and owned a slightly newer Ford Falcon for a short amount of time, but this car still surpasses it by miles. I've had NO problems with this Corolla. I change the engine oil (10/40W) + filter every 5000KMs by myself, coolant every 2 years regardless of KMs, air filter every year regardless of KMs, Transaxle oil every 40,000KMs and recently at the 80,000KMs mark... all the spark plugs. I'm still on the original belt that came with the car but my mechanic said it's still okay for use as it isn't badly cracked or damaged. Battery lasted 8.5 years... yes, 8.5 years!... even the NRMA road service person was surprised when he had to jump start it as I left the lights on over night once. Recently I got a new battery installed even thought the old one was still okay and topped up properly with water... but who knows, I don't want to be stuck in the middle of nowhere when I need to get somewhere important! I still have a fuel filter to change but the mechanic said that's due at 100,000KMs. :)

Physically speaking, I wash this car every week or fortnight when I'm really busy. I wax/polish it quarterly and it's parked under a carport at home where the harsh weather can't get to it. The interior is vacuumed at the end of nearly every week so far as I love clean and spotless interiors. If I have the chance while doing the vacuuming, I'll spare some time to put armor-all on the dash and plastic parts to protect it from sun damage when parked at work or uni (even though I use a sunshade).

BEFORE:

post-14488-0-46819400-1331100772_thumb.j

This was when I first got it... bare and stock standard. Just a base model Ascent with 75,000KMs on it. This was in Late 2009/ Early 2010. Now in March 2012, I just got to 89,000KMs in two and a bit years (about 6500KMs a year) :)

AFTER:

post-14488-0-99827300-1331100785_thumb.j

This is... 3 weeks ago? When Sydney didn't decide to pour with rain and when we had great weather!

Modifications so far are the 15" Speedy Cobalt machine finished alloy wheels, Genuine Toyota Navigation unit, Stubby antenna from a ZRE Corolla, JDM Genuine factory weather shields that I had to scrounge around everywhere for... until I realised I could only get them by importing directly from a Toyota Japan parts distributor in Hokkaido!

Genuine Toyota "Follow Me" Navigation unit:

post-14488-0-75479200-1331101167_thumb.j

JDM weathershields/visors:

post-14488-0-20585400-1331101263_thumb.j

15" Speedy Cobalt Alloy wheels:

post-14488-0-70063500-1331101328_thumb.j

Last but not least, the most important modification of all:

post-14488-0-09479400-1331101087_thumb.j

Club sticker! :D

I think that's enough mods for this car for now. I'm not planning to add on anything else as it's great the way it is now. :)

Thanks!

Edited by stevo1210

need visors...................................... :lol: nice car btw ;)

As in window visors? Yeah, I already got those ones on the car!

Don't want to put in too much as of now because I'm looking to upgrade to a Toyota Altezza or the like :D