Help! Fuel filter.

firezuki

Need to replace my fuel filter. 2007 Presara. It's a taxi guys (probably the only one in Australia!) and I need a new fuel filter.

Found this but wondering if it is the right one.

http://www.discountfuelsystems.com/shop/?N=0&VN=4294967114+4294959021+4294958901+4294966804&PN=&Nr=AND%28category:Fuel+Delivery,universal:0%29&Ntt=Fuel+Filter

If this isn't right, does anyone have any idea where I could get one? Ebay, whatever. I'm sick of being ripped off and I've had great success on here before by going to the experts. Keeping a taxi on the road is an expensive business, so I'm trying hard to cut down on my outlay when it comes to parts.

If anyone knows where I can get air filters from too I'd appreciate it.

Need to replace my fuel filter. 2007 Presara. It's a taxi guys (probably the only one in Australia!) and I need a new fuel filter.

Found this but wondering if it is the right one.

http://www.discountf...Ntt=Fuel+Filter

If this isn't right, does anyone have any idea where I could get one? Ebay, whatever. I'm sick of being ripped off and I've had great success on here before by going to the experts. Keeping a taxi on the road is an expensive business, so I'm trying hard to cut down on my outlay when it comes to parts.

If anyone knows where I can get air filters from too I'd appreciate it.

Your not the only taxi here, anyway that is the correct filter, and if you can get it at that price go for it! you will pay around $80 from a dealer.

Yes that is a 3rd party aftermarket Fuel Filter designed to fit the American Spec 40 Series Camry V6. Understand your need to keep overheads as low as possible but is taking "short cuts" with vehicle maintence the best idea? You can get away with using a lower standard fuel filter (for some weird as reason) but really I’d be sticking to Genuine Oil Filters for the 2GR and air filter as well however you may benefit from a reusable K&N unit.

Hi Scoota. A fellow cabbie. Excellent. But I didn't say I was the only taxi. I said the only Presara. And I am in Perth, at least. Have noticed a few more Camry's and Aurion's coming on the road as cabs. Having had four Ford's as previous taxis, I can attest to the superiority of the Toyota brand. Got a feeling you might agree. The car has been fantastic thus far. The only downside is the hopeless dealer I've had to contend with. Expensive and totally useless. That's why I'm doing as much myself as I can.

Thanks for the advice Adamsy. I will definitely try and stay as genuine as possible in my maintainance. I think I can get better deals on genuine and non-genuine by coming here and asking advice rather than "trusting" the dealer. So far I have saved quite a few bucks and the only two items I have purchased from advice from this forum have both been genuine. Just got a much better deal on-line.

Having said that, I think I'll give that fuel filter a go. Might have a go at changing it too. Dealer wants $110 for the filter and nearly $300 to fit it. Without wanting to soundi like Clarkson - how hard can it be?

Thanks boys for the advice. I'll come back and let you know how things go.