United Nations International Day of Peace

ZEEROLLA

21st of September is the Day. I saw the broadcasted documentary today on SBS and i can only say i am deeply inspired. Last year 630million people around the world celebrated the United Nations International Day of Peace. :)

"The Peace One Day film project began as the vision of British director Jeremy Gilley. Launched in 1999, with the support of countless individuals and organisations, the film documented and inspired the establishment of the United Nations International Day of Peace as a day of global ceasefire and non-violence, now fixed in the calendar as 21 September annually.

To purchase your DVD copy of the Peace One Day feature documentary please click here - it helps us to continue.

All sectors of society are being asked to honour and celebrate the Day on the 21 September. The vision of the Day extends far beyond the cessation of violent conflict and represents an opportunity for individuals to join in a moment of global unity."

Peace One Day

Edited by ZEEROLLA

I will contribute by not hitting lift for the whole day(my version of a day of peace) But Zee I agree a good cause and something we should all wish for. :)

Hehe, good on you man :P

But this International Day of Peace has been seriously played down by stakeholders and politicians around the world.. If any of you have seen the documentary you will know that these people with money and power don't want peace in the world, it is too "scary" a prospect for them to contemplate.

Interesting to see this topic has only been read 13 times, shows how much interest people really have on a topic like this <_<