3rd Row Seat - RAV4

namz

Hi guys,

I am planning to buy a RAV4 and seen couple of sites talking about installing a off market 3rd row seat option that folds into the under carriage when not in use.

I would like to know if anyone of forums members over here has done this or knows anything about this. Seat if installed will be used by a child for once in while normal day visits. I just want to make sure that its secure , its legal in VIC and if it's a sensible option to put in 2,500$ grands to get that extra seating ?

Thanks,

N.

Firstly, I hope you understand completely (with technical aptitude) this VicRoads document and each document it references.

You need to approach a VASS to understand their requirements, as this will certainly add to actual costs and may even eliminate the vehicle based on load capacity. This is also likely to drop the resale value of your car.

I personally would not consider this modification due to lack of vehicle body structure specifically for occupant protection (side and rear intrusion), side curtain airbags or even suspension suitability.

I'm surprised you don't consider a 7-seat Kluger (available on all grades), or even Prado, Tarago & LandCruiser if practical.

I'm surprised you don't consider a 7-seat Kluger (available on all grades), or even Prado, Tarago & LandCruiser if practical.

I did thought of 7 seat Kluger but Its easy to find a 40-50K KMs ,2008-9, RAV4 for around 25K , Kluger $$ for same goes upto 32+ easily. Prado , LandCruiser are even more expensive. Tarago is no no from Mrs , Only after SUV

By the way - Just curious to know when was last major change (specs wise or body wise) done in Kluger series....

Edited by namz