Smashed up!

negatron

How much were the fog lamps and where did you install the switch? Did you get a new stalk?

The foggies came as part of my insurance fixup (they saw the empty holes and assumed they flew out in the accident.)

I wired them in myself, all you need is a relay and some wire splicers, I opted for a no switch setup that tapped the switching power for the relay from the parking lights.

So when i flick my parkers the foggies come on too.

If ur're in melb I can help you install them, just go get the foggies! The components to wire it in cost about ... $10ish for the relay... $5 for the wires...$7 bucks for the splicers and the heads... soon to be polarg foggies + HID = priceless look on oncoming traffic

How much were the fog lamps and where did you install the switch? Did you get a new stalk?

The foggies came as part of my insurance fixup (they saw the empty holes and assumed they flew out in the accident.)

I wired them in myself, all you need is a relay and some wire splicers, I opted for a no switch setup that tapped the switching power for the relay from the parking lights.

If ur're in melb I can help you install them, just go get the foggies! The components to wire it in cost about ... $10ish for the relay... $5 for the wires...$7 bucks for the splicers and the heads... soon to be polarg foggies + HID = priceless look on oncoming traffic

Negaron, so everytime you turn on your lights, your foggies will come on???

If so, what if you are driving pass a cop's car, if it's under fine condition I guess they might pull you over. They DO pull people over with foggies on when it's not raining and foggy.

Man, then you wouldn't be able to do anything, that's for sure that you can't switched off the lights and try to get away but if the lights are on, the foggies are on. :(

You are better off splicing into the high beams, that way they only come on whe there is no one to dazzle with them (as that is when highs are used!!!). However you will lose the ability to use them in fog and heavy rain... a toggle switch is still the best option IMHO...

I think the cops in Melbourne is cool with the foggie lights. I never got busted for it since the day I got the car, and I always turn the lights on. Besides, its not doing anything harmful, its not even a proper fog lights.

I do not know how it is in SYdney though, or other states.

If so, what if you are driving pass a cop's car, if it's under fine condition I guess they might pull you over. They DO pull people over with foggies on when it's not raining and foggy.

Man, then you wouldn't be able to do anything, that's for sure that you can't switched off the lights and try to get away but if the lights are on, the foggies are on. :(

Well its only an extra 2 bits of wire and a switch to make it switchable. Instead of hooking up the relay power to the parker live u just run it via a switch first then to the relay power pin. Takes an extra few minutes to do (ok slightly longer to thread the wire through the firewall) but just pluck out the coin holder and a switch fits right there!

• 3 weeks later...

So...

If I have fogies, relay, switch and pin converter (for the switch) I should be able to simply hook up to the existing factory fog light looms already there behind the bumper, intall the switch and relay and off I go ?

So...

If I have fogies, relay, switch and pin converter (for the switch)  I should be able to simply hook up to the existing factory fog light looms already there behind the bumper, intall the switch and relay and off I go ?

Pin Converter? Dunno what that is man, sounds like ur're wanting to tap into the car's existing layout for the fogs.

The way i did it we're using the stock wiring but providing our own means of energizing this circuit. So i didn't use a pin converter. You'll need to pick up a pack of wire splicers from d-ick smiths (its the easiest way to do it), some insulated female wire heads (also from d-ick smiths) and of course, wire.

Hard to explain here, and i wish i took pictures of my own install. but why don't u buy ur foggies and give us a ring. I see ur're in melb so u can come by and i can help u with the install.

Edited by negatron

So...

If I have fogies, relay, switch and pin converter (for the switch)  I should be able to simply hook up to the existing factory fog light looms already there behind the bumper, intall the switch and relay and off I go ?

Two things;

1. Am I to understand that all Corolla variants have the fog light wire harness installed behind the bumper?
  2. This thread should have the title changed to Fog-lamp discussion :D

You can have a quick look by popping out the black plastic on either side where the fog light normally goes. You'll see the brown plug sitting there neatly tucked up if you have the harness already fitted to your car.

I believe the Conquests have it but Ascents don't but I correct me if I'm wrong.

Ok, the last time did my home work.

All pre-face lift models have the looms already.

In the post lifts i'm pretty sure its conquest up.

then again its rather simple to DIY the loom too.

a couple of insultaed female connectors ought to do the trick. then of course its a gromit on top and lotsa electrical tape to insulate the sucker.

Without the stock loom the only trick is to have the negative terminal of the bulb grounded.

Ok, the last time  did my home work.

a couple of insultaed female connectors ought to do the trick. then of course its a gromit on top and lotsa electrical tape to insulate the sucker.

Without the stock loom the only trick is to have the negative terminal of the bulb grounded.

When I had those lights fitted to the wagon, all the wiring was there under the bonnet, but the interior bits couldn't be found, at least they weren't behind the driver's side dash, where I wanted the switch.

I have a feeling, based on the switch design, that it is meant to fit in one of the "landscape" spots on the middle of the dash, and maybe the rest of the wiring is hidden in there. Will be interested to hear more if someone finds it.

i got busted... pulled me for a breathe test... n asked me.. y u got foggies on.. bam!!! $75.. i was driving my bro accord..

$75!!!!!!!

When I had those lights fitted to the wagon, all the wiring was there under the bonnet, but the interior bits couldn't be found, at least they weren't behind the driver's side dash, where I wanted the switch.

I have a feeling, based on the switch design, that it is meant to fit in one of the "landscape" spots on the middle of the dash, and maybe the rest of the wiring is hidden in there. Will be interested to hear more if someone finds it.

In the interior all the under bonnet stuff is wired into the indicator stalk. If you pulll apart the steering wheel colomn u'll find that there's a few looms that go into the indicator stalk.

If we fork out extra cash, all we need to do is to plug in the new stalk that has the switch and all will work with the stock wiring.

There doesn't seem to be a need for an extra relay or fuse doing it this way as the internal fuse box seems to already have a fuse there in the fog section.

i got busted... pulled me for a breathe test... n asked me.. y u got foggies on.. bam!!! $75.. i was driving my bro accord..

$75!!!!!!!

Damn, tough luck man. sorry to hear. What state are you in?

In the interior all the under bonnet stuff is wired into the indicator stalk. If you pulll apart the steering wheel colomn u'll find that there's a few looms that go into the indicator stalk.

If we fork out extra cash, all we need to do is to plug in the new stalk that has the switch and all will work with the stock wiring.

There doesn't seem to be a need for an extra relay or fuse doing it this way as the internal fuse box seems to already have a fuse there in the fog section.

I've got a stalk, but no wiring :(

Time to pick apart my mates Conquest I'd say. I don't think he'd mind as it's a lease car. :P

I've got a stalk, but no wiring  :(

Time to pick apart my mates Conquest I'd say. I don't think he'd mind as it's a lease car. :P

Whoa, no wiring loom under the bonnet = no wiring in the interior. So even if you rip out the wiring out of ur friend's leaser u'll pretty much be doing it from scratch. i.e. threading wire through the chassis

(the pros of the prefacelift existing loom is hat the lights are already grounded for you)

In this case, theres not much to do but to snip off the heads of the wiring loom off the conquest (the lightbulb socket), ensuring that you retain a decent amount of wire left dangling on it and proceed with my initial instructions.

Good luck man!

P.s. is that stalk the same in the prefacelifts as the facelifts?

Not sure if the stalk is the same at all, it's off a current Camry Azura, being a Toyota I figured it might just clip into the Rolla. Most parts seem to be practically universal.

Well, I guess the foglights are a no go for me.

Anyone know if any of the Rolla range has body colour foglamp covers? (The plastic inserts). At least they'd be better than the black.

Not sure if the stalk is the same at all, it's off a current Camry Azura, being a Toyota I figured it might just clip into the Rolla. Most parts seem to be practically universal.

Well, I guess the foglights are a no go for me.

Anyone know if any of the Rolla range has body colour foglamp covers? (The plastic inserts). At least they'd be better than the black.

Hmm... i dunno, there might be hope for you yet,

send us some pics of the stalk and its connector heads and i'll see what i can come up with.

• 5 months later...

Never been done for foglights in Melbourne. I got told once by a police officer (when I had HIDs in my fogs) to "Turn those things off, you don't need it, they're so damn bright!" and another time "you can have driving lights on, but your lowbeams need to be on as well"

This was when I was driving an E36 BMW... angel eyes + HID fogs = respect B)

I know the RTA up in NSW are pretty tightass on it though.