RB30 in a 1980 corona possible? plz answer....

I have recently bought a 1980 Toyota corona my question is can i remove the engine and replace it with a RB30 from a skyline i know its crazy but i think this engine can give me the power i am looking for once it has been turbocharged plz help me any input would be a help. i am also looking at restoring the car. so i am looking for any tips or advise i can get my hands on plz thanks for reading.

anything is possible with enough money.

that said, the RB30 is a pretty poor choice. If you were going to spend the money you may as well do it right.

If you were to keep it toyota, a 1/2JZ or a 1UZ would be a good swap... or you could be a bit different an go a 3SGE beams, which would probably be the easiest to fit (considering some coronas did come with a 2SC, so sourcing a cross member and mounts to suit would be easier)

If you insist on using a nissan motor, a RB25,RB26 or VG30 would be good choices.

bear in mind though, that even doing all the work yourself, you are looking at well over 5k for just the conversion (without freshening up or modifying the motor) and probably more than triple that if you get it done professionally.

is it worth it to spend that much on a 1980 corona?

I would of thought a RB30 would of been too big of engine to fit in a corona? I reckon a nice 4 cylinder with a turbo/supercharger set up would be a better choice, 4AGZE to keep it toyota or a SR20DET, there are plenty of aftermarket goodies for these engines

1GGTE or 1GGZE - 1J or something like that would be my choice , you dont only need a bigger motor you need to build the car around the engine going in , you need to think about brakes , gearbox , diff axles ... engineering etc etc etc .. it's not as simple as just throwing this or that in.

well you could probably get the most power out of a xJZ engine, or a RB26 I suppose, but as eviltwin said, you need to think about the rest of the car... gearbox, tailshaft, diffs, brakes, suspension, etc.

Its not a cheap or easy exercise.

if i didnt go the RB30 btw i found a cheap RB30 engine thats why i was going to get it. what do you think?

Don't use a particular engine just because you can get one for cheap/got one lying out the back of the shed/mate sold me one for a case of beer. The money you might save in buying the engine will be mere pocket change in comparison to the costs of trying to marry up an engine, gearbox and drivetrain from a completely different MAKE of car, let alone model. As everyone else has said, something like a 1GGTE would be a much wiser swap, plenty of people have done them successfully in the past and they put out good enough numbers to keep you satisfied (and if you're not satisfied with that kind of power, then chances are you wouldn't be doing a conversion on a Corona in the first place).

if i didnt go the RB30 btw i found a cheap RB30 engine thats why i was going to get it. what do you think?

Don't use a particular engine just because you can get one for cheap/got one lying out the back of the shed/mate sold me one for a case of beer. The money you might save in buying the engine will be mere pocket change in comparison to the costs of trying to marry up an engine, gearbox and drivetrain from a completely different MAKE of car, let alone model. As everyone else has said, something like a 1GGTE would be a much wiser swap, plenty of people have done them successfully in the past and they put out good enough numbers to keep you satisfied (and if you're not satisfied with that kind of power, then chances are you wouldn't be doing a conversion on a Corona in the first place).

ok what type of engine is it that you have laying around and are you selling it or using it

It's not going to just bolt in , this is the issue. You need to understand the fabrication involved in doing a conversion like that , if you want to do a cheap and nice conversion that will bolt in the motor i'd be looking at is an 18RG, weather you can find an injected one or you fit some carbs is something you would have to look for but otherwise as everyones saying - Dont just buy an engine cause it's there and think it will bolt straight in. The other thing you need to realise is bolting a big 6 into a smaller corona shell will require a ****load of other parts outside of the engine to make the car drive well . for example the weight of a 7M engine to that of a 18R or any other toyota 4 cylinder motor will see the car being front heavy and needing higher rate springs , uprated brakes .. not to mention the trouble you will get from the 5-0 if they see shes not engineered etc etc. We are all happy to help and im not trying to mock you or anything like that .. but it's better to be told rather than think somethings more possible than what it is based on what you want . The labour alone will blow out , when doing anything like this double the budget and that will usually get the job done .. it sucks but cars eat money when you start playing with them!

i no about all of the other stuff i need to do to it just searched for an 18RG its a twincam on it said compleat head fully recondition on it and its a 4 cylinder the hole thing costs $107.50 on ebay all i have to do is just get the rest of the stuff like the wheels and springs manule gearbox its auto at the monement

tomorrow i will get my first car

First car you own or first car you've driven? I hope you're not still on your Ps or the like, otherwise this entire topic is most likely useless.