MagnaFlow Exhaust

You know you can get the magnaflow items here. Just go to a reputable exhaust shop who can custom make a catback exhaust system with the parts you want with mild steel or SS or chrome plated straight piping+mandrel bends.

• 2 months later...

You can pay that about much locally for a 2.5" mandrel bent system in stainless steel. Australian jobs and all that...

It's also not worth $1 as it is only 2.25". I assume you want it for a sportivo, the stock system is already 2.25".

There’s really no need to go to a mandrel bent system if you are going to 2.5 (unless you think mandrel bent systems look a lot better and are prepared to pay for that, or unless you intend to go to forced induction) With the NA engine a 2.5 system has more than enough flow, therefore press bent will do just as good a job and be cheaper. It’s really only when you’re at the flow limit of your size that mandrel bent is advantageous, and press bent has advantages, namely it is thicker and tougher at the bends.

One of the Stivos owners over here that I met at a track day just left the 2.25 system in and replaced the resonator and muffler at Perth Custom Exhausts and has had good results, Sounds great and goes pretty hard as well. Of course it’s horses for courses and depends what you are trying to achieve, but don’t assume that you’ll get better results from a mandrel bent system in a small engine NA set-up.

• 2 weeks later...

Differences between press bent 2.5" system and mandrel bent 2.5" system same car same dyno same resonators and mufflers is just under 3kw. Tested it so so so long ago LOL

Differences between press bent 2.5" system and mandrel bent 2.5" system same car same dyno same resonators and mufflers is just under 3kw. Tested it so so so long ago LOL

There you go, and was that on the same day, and averaged across multiple runs?

3kW is a bit considering people spend $400 on a CAI for a similar gain...

Sure, but someone seeing something on a dyno once doesn't prove anything (no offence silvabullit) I've seen the same car vary as much as 5kw on the same day on the same dyno with no mechanical changes at all. I personally don't believe that on this engine with a 2.5 system that mandrel bent will equal more power. The only way that would be possible was if the press bent system was still restricting flow. That said as always I retain an open mind and am more than happy to be proven wrong.