zze123 swaybar and strut brace

hi guy's, new to the forums.

i have been doing quite abit of searching and research on what is available to us in swaybars and strut braces, up until now i have found just about nothing, since most have been discontinued or are too heavy/large to post internationally and incure a postage fee double to triple the parts cost itself.

i have taken whiteline out of the mix as they are just too expensive, i know that they are quality and well trusted and have dealt with thier products before. but i am willing to take on other lesser known companies.

this is what i have found in my searches.

the PROGRESS rear sway bar, 24mm diameter, solid type. designed and made for the toyota matrix in the US, still awaiting confirmation that this will fit our aus spec sportivo's and postage cost's aren't going to kill my wallet.

although if anyone has a TRD, CUSCO or C-one rear sway bar they wan't to get rid of i'm more than willing to take that off your hands for the right price!

http://www.vividraci...08-p-74719.html

there is an assortment of strut braces for the us variant corolla XRS and matrix, one of which i'm particularly interested in because of it's design, they seem to have moulded it to sit corectly in place on the strut tower, where as whiteline and other variants simply have a flat surface only. i'm pretty sure after researching picture's that all dimension's are equal between the XRS, matrix, runX and sportivo.

heres a photo of my strut tower.

http://imageshack.us...0603093053.jpg/

and here's the strut brace.

see current listing here: http://www.ebay.com....984.m1423.l2649

mould's perfectly, and the price is well within my budget opposed to whiteline's rediculous $215 not including postage!

i know what your going to say, YOU GET WHAT YOU PAY FOR. but let's face it, it's a strut brace, not a moving mechanical part that can potentially be a safety issue if it does happen to break or bend. if it does, then my $70 or so is well worth the knowledge for all of us + others to never deal with cheap crap again. im willing to take the plunge.

can anyone here confirm that both part's are a guaranteed fit for our variant? anyone with previous experiences?

any help on the matter will be greatly appreciated.

thanks!

ps: how do i post photo's without making them attatchments? says cannot use that particular image format in this community when i direct link them?

Edited by gti_rsi

Confirmed the Progress one via Youtube already and concerning the front strut brace look into Ultra Racing products. I got one for the Altis and it fit perfectly. Look at something like this. Honestly they are so frickin strong and meaty it will make that other one your looking at seem like a toy from the EKKA (I see your from QLD too). Feel free to come and check mine out first. I'm in Wilston.

Confirmed the Progress one via Youtube already and concerning the front strut brace look into Ultra Racing products. I got one for the Altis and it fit perfectly. Look at something like this. Honestly they are so frickin strong and meaty it will make that other one your looking at seem like a toy from the EKKA (I see your from QLD too). Feel free to come and check mine out first. I'm in Wilston.

indeed it is confirmed. currently awaiting postage costs on it from a site other than the one you suggested. but i will ask a quote from them too. as for the strut brace, i have already lined up a used cusco strut brace that i should be picking up tomorrow i think. still gotta confirm it with the guy. kinda realised that a cheapie wouldn't be the best choice since i'm primarily doing it to stiffen my ride up abit, i am running +15 offset wheels and need as little body roll/flex as possible.

Edited by gti_rsi

I'm assuming that the PROGRESS rear sway bar will also fit the earlier ZZE123? If you get the postage price confirmed,gti_rsi, could you please let me know how much shipping is.

Thanks

I'm assuming that the PROGRESS rear sway bar will also fit the earlier ZZE123? If you get the postage price confirmed,gti_rsi, could you please let me know how much shipping is.

Thanks

should do, i don't think there is any difference between pre facelift and facelift. will let you guys know what postage costs turn out to be. still waiting on a reply.

Thanks

should do, i don't think there is any difference between pre facelift and facelift. will let you guys know what postage costs turn out to be. still waiting on a reply.

Mine is pre-facelift. Fits no problem.

Can confirm those ebay strut braces are rubbish.

Bought a whole 4 brace kit (front/rear strut and crossmember brace) for $75 off ebay for a lancer cc gsr, bargin? hell no.

They have so much flex I can go to bunnings and use a 2x4 plank of wood that would give more rigidity than these strut braces.

similar to http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/95-99-ECLIPSE-TALON-TURBO-NA-ALL-MODELS-FRONT-ALUMINUM-STRUT-TOWER-BAR-BRACE-/230696335807?pt=Motors_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories&hash=item35b692b9bf

Edited by rthy

• 3 months later...

selling up and going turbo again. will still have the rolla probably for another couple of months while hunt for a new car. the whiteline was an absolute **** to install. took me 2 days of attempting because they were 1mm taller on each side where you slot the bolts into. ever tried bending/flexing 5mm thick steel with basic tools? lol took me a good day to get it on. hardest part was aligning the second bolt hole after aligning the first bolt hole. what a mission!

Edited by gti_rsi

Considering youre one of the few who actually has one, would you say there was a noticeable difference ? How did the car feel after you installed it ? Sucks to hear it was a pain to install but it sounds like it might be a bit easier for who ever you sell it too !

The extra thickness wasn't due to the powdercoating/paint was it? I've had to sand paper some of the paint off before to make the Whiteline stuff fit.

Selby's can make the antiroll bars to order, so you can get any size you like. Pretty sure Fulcrum or Pedders can order it in. I have a 22mm Whiteline bar here I'd be willing to sell.