2011 Aurion run-out

Try hard

Hi guys

Browsing Carsales site wondering what to buy I saw the run out Aurions. Unfortunately dealer is using the old bait and switch tactic, they are advertised at $22,888 drive away, but when you get to the deal these supposedly have hail damage, but you can have a non-hail version for $25,888. Still a good deal for a lot of car as far as I can see, but I'd now rather not use that dealer because I don't like their tactics. Looks like a dealer on the gold coast has the same vehicles for $24,888 so I'll probably take a drive down there.

So was just wondering what you think of the deal, and if there are any other Aurion secrets I should know. I'm guessing I'd be better running on premium fuel for that engine? Would also hope to change to 18" wheels when the original tyres wear out, they'll fit comfortably? Was thinking of the grey metallic colour, but guess that might be impractical for scratches and marks, so white might be simpler safe choice?

Any thoughts or advice on the AT-X model would be much appreciated :)

Cheers Carl

Edited by Try hard

Mate,

I picked up my new car recently for 31k driveaway in Perth here. And yes you are correct about the old bait trick. When I noticed some 2010 aurions going for 20k here with 0 kms on the clock in the newspaper ads, my 1st thought was that was no way a car was depreciated like that! I was looking at Aurion Touring at the time and luckily i had a contact within Toyota dealership in perth and she told me she has a brand new 2011 Aurion Touring in black (will update the display picture soon) so I went straight for it ignoring the 20k ones. I asked her about it on the day of inspection and she thinks those cars were recently repaired from hail storm we had 2 years ago.

I had a look at car sales since you said something about it: http://www.carsales.com.au/all-cars/results.aspx?eapi=2&base=1216&vertical=Car&N=904 1527 4294962861 4294889509 1216 4294739933 1246 1252&silo=Stock&Range=Price:Min,Max~0.5&sort=default

Only 5 left for the new ones or demo ones in Perth for Aurion Touring models.

For you in Qld: http://www.carsales.com.au/all-cars/results.aspx?base=1216&vertical=Car&eapi=2&N=4294962861%204294889509%20900%201216%201246%201252+4294739933&silo=Stock&Range=Price:Min,Max~0.5&sort=default

Now I remember QLD had floods last year which is probably why you are looking at cheap Aurions with low kms as those cars were probably repaired for resale.

Sounds like a great deal to me. I run my 2007 on 91 unleaded and dont have a problem but they are designed to run on E10 if you want. The ride is a little harsher on 18" wheels but not enough to worry and they fit in fine. As for the colour any darker shades will show up scratches and swirl marks more than lighter shades but its really a matter of personal choice. Good luck with the purchase and enjoy :toast:

TRY TO REPLY AGAIN AS FROZEN OUT LAST MESSAGE,I recently bought a white 2011 aurion touring runout new for under $28k drive away at nambour and since then i know Sci Fleet at Kedron where selling some for similar money in several different colours.Car has done under 1200 km so far but very happy as it has heaps of power and pretty good on fuel economy as well so would strongly recommend.