corolla 2008 which oil?

Hi

I'm done my first oil change myself at 110,000km

Is nylon 10w-30 alright to use? As it was getting manga tec 10w-30 when it was getting service.

I drain the oil last night and only had 3litres come out. Is this normal?

What oil would you recommend next oil change?

Thanks

Brendan

hi Brendan,

welcome to the forum i can see although u have been a member for a while u havent really posted much.

before someone flames you as you can imagine service & oil related questions get asked over and over and over again rather than starting a new topic it is recommended to simply reply to an existing topic

pinned to the top of this forum is a topic called "PREVIOUSLY COVERED TOPICS - HAVE A READ BEFORE POSTING AS IT MAY ALREADY HAVE BEEN COVERED"

here is the link .... <click here>

About 3/4 of the way down you will find a whole bunch of oil and servicing related topics.

regarding your specific questions given 10w30 was being used previously then i dont see an issue with continuing with it .... given that car has done over 100K km's you might want to think about maybe going a slightly thicker oil like a 10w40 but thats really ur call.

assuming u were getting the car services every 10K km's and i think the ZRE rolla's take 4.5L of oil i would say it isnt much of an issue that u have had 1 - 1.5L of oil burnt off over a 10K km's .... just keep an eye on ur oil levels like fortnightly or something to be certain there isnt an underlying issue.

Regarding recommendation i use royal purple 10w40 however it does come at a price as its significantly more expensive that most of the other oils.