oil filters

TRD69

Hey guys

Just out of curiosity, what brand oil filters do you use? I've been using the genuine one, and thought I might go for something else. Any suggestions would be great!

Cheers

I always use genuine mainly because I have had no issues with it and the cost isn't that bad.

If I was to use another brand, I would probably go for a Ryco (R2648P).

You could get a K&N (PS-7020) if you want as they are a reliable brand, but I personally don't like the look of the filter compared to the genuine one. I know those plastic ends probably don't affect the flow at all, but I'm picky like that. On that note though, if you look at the filter material on the K&N and compare it to the genuine filter, there probably isn't all that much difference.

try a baldwin filter. not sure if they have a cross reference for the 2GR engines... u might find that the cost of it wont be much different to a genuine nor a ryco one. i just like my products to be made in countries other than china :P

edit: or thailand :P

baldwin filters are made in the USA

try a baldwin filter. not sure if they have a cross reference for the 2GR engines... u might find that the cost of it wont be much different to a genuine nor a ryco one. i just like my products to be made in countries other than china :P

edit: or thailand :P

baldwin filters are made in the USA

In that case:

P/N: P7398

http://catalog.baldwinfilter.com/PartSpecification.asp?URL=LoadParts.asp&VehicleRef=1&partnumber=P7398&Appln_No=53893&Year=2007&Make=TOYOTA&Model=Camry&Desc=V6%2D211+%283%2E5L%29+FI&DisplayBackButton=0

thanks for the info!

I tried to sus out a k & n one but nothing around my area has one in stock. plan to change oil on sat as its the only free day i have for a while.

i'll be using a genuine one this time round

cheers

Edited by TRD69