Question for all Camry Hybrid 2012 owners

solarstriker

Can anyone with a new Camry Hybrid 2012 answer this question.

Is anyone experiencing a high pitched noise from the left side new Camry Hybrid?

I have this noise on mine. Especially noticeable when driving past any objects on the left side of the car with the passengers side windows open. Its like a high pitched electrical noise. It just does not seem normal. I have been advised it is the inverter but its way too loud. You just can't drive with the passenger windows open. The noise will drive you nuts.

Any feed back is really appreciated.

Im only hazarding a guess here but i think there were too many complaints about previous gen prius's being too quiet

I know toyota was thinking of doing something like what you described above to ensure pedestrians can hear you but not sure if they've gone ahead with it or not

Im only hazarding a guess here but i think there were too many complaints about previous gen prius's being too quiet

I know toyota was thinking of doing something like what you described above to ensure pedestrians can hear you but not sure if they've gone ahead with it or not

I think that only apples at lower speeds where you are only running on the electric motor. At higher speeds, your engine is running so I don't think being too quiet is an issue.

It makes sense to say it is the inverter since you will be charging the batteries when moving at higher speeds. There is a fair amount of power involved here so it wouldn't surprise me. As for being loud, I guess that is subjective. I personally haven't heard what yours sounds like in this scenario so I can't make a comment there.

Hi, I can hear the similar noise. But whether it's loud or not is very subjective and also depends on the surrounding environment. I personally don't feel it loud and like the sound. I can also hear the similar sound while a pre-2012 model drives past.