kluger kxr roof rails dilema

fga

hi, new to the forum and wanted know if anyone had to go through the experience of deciding whether to go for the genuine toyota roof rails and racks or the ebay option and what they would recommend. Any suggestions?

depending on what color your kluger is. I've seen facelifted grey with silver rails doesn't look good to me. Yours I assume is pre-facelift i think should look okay. I just don't like the new color with black plastic surrounding the whole car bottom. anyway I had mine installed genuine toyota chrome with black rails.

post-29153-0-42152500-1345977301_thumb.j

Edited by tpl
  • Like 1

• 3 months later...

Oh I have questions too and instead of creating a new thread I thought I'd throw it here. I have an 08 KXR and want to throw roof bars and racks on, realistically will only carry surf boards so I don't care about weight restrictions. Can I just buy a set off eBay and clip and screw straight on without without drilling holes and what not?? And if so do you guys have a preferred buyer?? I tried to find oznest from previous forums bit couldn't. Cheers.

Hi Deaks,

Those from ebay will fit well on our KXR. no drilling at all. Pull out the original cover unscrew the original bolts and use the bolt came with your roof rails. Not sure about roof racks though. cheers

then i had cx9 20inch wheels today. to my surprise grande 19" 50% thread weight 29kg/wheel+tyre while cx9 20" 99% thread weight 28kg.

post-29153-0-37556000-1354890756_thumb.j