4 years due service for aurion?

leonG-

Just want to know do anyone of you did the service for aurion once it reaches the 4th year? The dealer just sent me and email regarding to my aurion has reach its 48months service. Should I do it or just leave it as I think it will cost hell lots?

Don't aurions have 9months or 15000kms service intervals?

If so whats a 4 year service? Are you sure you're not reading the "Additional maintenance for severe operating conditions" page?

Either way if the car is due for a service then get it done, ignoring it is only gonna cause more harm and will probably cost a lot more than the few hundred you saved by not servicing it

Edited by viper33

Did you know that Toyota Aurion ******* is now due for its 48 months service service on 2/10/2012.

To ensure that your vehicle is running at peak performance, Melville Toyota recommends you follow the manufacturers recommended service schedule which is based on your vehicle’s service requirements. This takes into consideration the age of the vehicle and kms travelled (whichever comes first).

Alternatively, try our new Express Maintenance*1 service and wait while your vehicle is serviced, while your vehicle is being attended to by two fully trained technicians.

This is what it says. Next service due on 55,000kms. And my car is on 46,000kms now.

Don't aurions have 9months or 15000kms service intervals?

The pre-facelift Aurion (pre Jan 2009) has a service interval of 12 months or 15,000km, whichever comes first.

To the OP, personally I would stick to that recommendation. So if you do reach 48 months, even if you haven't reached 60,000km, I would still have it serviced. If they provided you with a km figure lower than 60,000km this typically means they are just estimating what your odometer would be on by the time your service is due.

Thanks for clearing that up djkor, haven't had much to do with PFL aurions

To the OP if the service is due then get it done, there is a reason why the manual says "kms or months....whichever comes first"

12 months is a pretty long time to go between oil changes as it is

I've done a search looking for details on a 60K service. No success unfortunately.

What do they do? Anything special?

Interestingly enough, I was doing a search on Google for "Aurion service logbook" and came across this:

Aurion 60K Service

straight outta the service manual for my TRD...

obviously, yours will be slightly different (ie, lack of supercharger to inspect), but it'll be roughly the same... smile.gif

post-7867-127614268228_thumb.jpg

Man that's cheap. I rang around some dealers in Brisbane, and most are quoting around $500 to $600 for my SX6 60k.. Can anyone recommend a dealer that isn't a ripoff?

Here is my receipt for my 60,000km service. Dealer details are included. I provided my own engine oil and brake fluid. It may not be the cheapest service around, but the location is convenient and compared to some other dealers, when I call to book it in, I can usually drop it off that same afternoon for the evening service or first thing the following morning for standard day service.

http://imageshack.us...es/85/60ke.jpg/

If they supplied the fluids, I would estimate the cost to have been around $299.