ep91 starlet - 4efte conversion

rolla91

hey guys, thinking of getting myself a ep91 starlet and doing a 4efte conversion.

Apart from the motor and gearbox what else will i need? (apart from upgraded brakes and suspension, that will be done)

Need to do anything to fueling etc?

cheers

Edited by rolla91

would you not just buy a turbo glanza?

EP91 Glanza Vs are quite rare here (all imported), much more so than EP82s, so it is more common to convert a normal EP91 Starlet.

• 3 weeks later...

thats a surprise considering how close japan is to you guys

We have fairly strict import laws, one of the big problems is that we got the standard EP91 Starlet here and that makes importing the performance version much harder.

We have fairly strict import laws, one of the big problems is that we got the standard EP91 Starlet here and that makes importing the performance version much harder.

that sucks.. jesus over hear there relaxed just aslong as you pay the man..lol

• 7 months later...

Check out the austarletclub forums

i signed up for that forum its been 2 weeks and i still cant use it admin has to approve my membership

• 11 months later...

hey guys, thinking of getting myself a ep91 starlet and doing a 4efte conversion.

Apart from the motor and gearbox what else will i need? (apart from upgraded brakes and suspension, that will be done)

Need to do anything to fueling etc?

cheers

thats a surprise considering how close japan is to you guys

That really sucks! For your swap information, I saw a lot of people make two things:

1. Installing a 5-EFE engine and turbocharging. (Same engine as the paseo and tercel, fairly simple to get) you can use the stock glanza or gt turbo Jdm import turbo, or you can use another turbocharger.

2. Getting a JDM imported engine (I don't know how cheap would be that in Australia). And one of the common turbo swaps could be a TD04 from subaru. I have driven 3 Glanzas with this turbo swap, and they are MAD!

Try looking what toyota engines are the most similar to the 4efte engines in Australia and get it turbocharged, well that's in the case you couldn't get your hands in a JDM engine or its to expensive/illegal to import.

Good Luck!