Car hood scratched by a cat

Hi guys,

a few weeks ago I was looking around the car and I found a couple of scratches which was really frustrating because the car is black. The scratches are around 15cm high by 12 cm wide (the cat paw marks seem as if it struggled to keep balance or made itself comfortable). I've felt the damage and it barely goes through my finger nails so it doesn't seem that deep.

However, I took it the to the detailers to buff my car out but .... it did nothing. They said that the scratch has gone through the paint, so it just wasted my money. So I'm wondering has anyone on this experienced the same thing and fixed it? If so, how?

Thanks guys!

For a flawless finish i think you'll have to respray the hood but that would be costly to say the least. Unless of course you have 2 pack spraying experience or know someone who would do it for you for a few beers.

Good luck bro, frustrating i know

hahaha yeah everytime I see a cat along my street now, I'm always tempted to run over it.

Umm I took my car to the detailers and they buffed it but it did nothing... Has anyone ever tried wet sanding their car before? How did it turn out?

My neighbour looks after disabled cats and they just love the warmth oozing out of my bonnet scoop on a cold night.

Now that it is 33 degrees they stay under my car.

I just polish the scratch marks out with a lot of polish.

Yep, I'm going to use meguires compound, then hit it the claybar for just the bonnet. Depending how the weather is tomorrow, I'll give it a try and I'll up you guys on the results.

a claybar isn't designed to hide or remove scratches. Meguiars UItimate Compound is OK but it really isn't much chop as you need to use a lighter polish on top to remove the marks UC makes.

all the claybar will do is make the surface "smooth"....and remove any burrs / contamination on the paint work.

If you can post a pic, it might be able to help us help you :)

I'll try post up some pics later in the day. But I'll stil use the compound and a polisher just to see if it's helped at all since the scratches dont appear to be too deep.

Thanks guys.

Just a final update guys. I used scratch x 2.0, then meguires polish following a wax. The result made the scratch less visible probably from 20% down to 3% which is a massive improvement. Can't really complain, well worth money spent IMO. =D

Thanks for your help and suggestion guys!

There's this spray you can buy at pet store,it keeps cats and dogs away from garden etc. A mate of mine brought it and sprayed it around his motor bike cause the cat kept on scratching it,so far so good, give it a go so there won't be anymore scratches.

im not to sure about that. My friend only sprayed it once and it seems to stop happening,but im not to sure how long it will last. Just to be sure,when you buy it ask the worker to be safe ^_^