Australian 1MZ-FE question.

Maxim

I have a Camry Altise Sport 2005/6 with the 1MZ-FE engine, I just purchased a Gregorys Camry/Avalon 2002-2006 Manual (Australian).

The manual refers to the engine as being a VVTi engine and shows photos of the rocker cover stating this! I can find no reference to VVTi on my engine, are all 1MZ-FE engines VVTi or was this an option?

Thanks for your input.

Max

The Australian 1mz-fe for the Camry did not come with VVT-i.

Haynes and Gregorys (both of which I have) are based on the 30 series, not the 36 series. The only manual which will come close to being useful is the ACV/MCV36 workshop manual you can buy from Toyota (about $150). But even this manual is wrong as well.

The Australian 1mz-fe for the Camry did not come with VVT-i.

Haynes and Gregorys (both of which I have) are based on the 30 series, not the 36 series. The only manual which will come close to being useful is the ACV/MCV36 workshop manual you can buy from Toyota (about $150). But even this manual is wrong as well.

That is about what I expected, Though this manual is supposed to cover ACV36R, MCV36R, MCX10 Series and supposedly specific to Aus built cars.

Thanks for your reply Andrew.

Max

I had purchased the Haynes manual for my 1999 Camry Wagon (same engine), but it did not cover much about the wagons electrics at the back, as the manual is US based. So I contacted Haynes by email, and after some searching on their part, emailed the sections of the manual that was not included.

I suggest you contact Haynes and ask if they can provide you the information on the VVT-i, as it is not covered in the manual.

I had purchased the Haynes manual for my 1999 Camry Wagon (same engine), but it did not cover much about the wagons electrics at the back, as the manual is US based. So I contacted Haynes by email, and after some searching on their part, emailed the sections of the manual that was not included.

I suggest you contact Haynes and ask if they can provide you the information on the VVT-i, as it is not covered in the manual.

Why would you bother?

The 1mz-fe here in Australia did not get VVT-i

• 1 year later...

Hi, could get a hold of that pdf file? Im trying to replace my defective 2003 camry knock sensor and would the know all the torque spec.

Thanks