Introducing TBaurion

TBaurion

Hi all at TOC,

I am a retired professional mechanical engineer (15 days now) and finished work as a Plant Performance manager in the Power Industry where I had the pleasure of playing with big toys.

Now I have time to play with my 5 cars, one of which is a Toyota Aurion. (Others are LJ , Torana, owned since new, an old Mitsubishi Lancer and a VY Commodore). None of these have yet seen a garage but that may be about to change.

I enjoy servicing the vehicles and solving performance problems, even though its getting harder to get into some of the tighter spaces and sometimes creates massive frustrations.

I have a small machine shop and would prefer to make special bits than spend ages sourcing stuff that may not be exactly what I need. This has resulted in a garage full of special tools and stuff that may never get used ever again, but you never know!

I have followed some of the threads on the subject of spark plug replacement, (something that is very simple on the Torana but not so on most new cars) because this is something I have to get involved in in the next few thousand kms. The information viewed to date has been great and is the only info I have been able to get in the absence of Aurion manuals. (I have manuals for about 20 cars from 1972 and can't understand why Toyota should be so protective of the info when they can produce really good stuff.

I hope this explains why I am interested in being associated with the TOC

TBaurion