Chinese made cars for all the brands which maybe why cars are getting cheaper

jsta

I dont like any jap leather. Aussie leather ftw

I've always found any leather seats to be annoying on a hot day when wearing short pants. Legs always stick to the leather.

Don't like that.

I prefer fabric any day of the week over leather. I guess it depend if yuo live in Perth or Adelaide to those that live in the cooler climates like over east:)

It's a drawback, but my car is generally kept undercover so it never gets too hot, with climate control on I never have those issues :)

What's this climate control button in your car please?

My Corolla has these temp buttons but never taken that much notice of them. I see it as pointless knowing what temp the car was inside but if it does something special that maybe worth knowing.

The car manual isn't that well wrtitten. Don't suppose there is a pdf doc I can download to find more what my car can do ?

My car is generally is the garage but due to the width of the car I tend to keep it out more than in. Only if there is a storm around I'll put it in the garage. My 2011 Corolla is quite a wide car and thankfully the outside mirrors can fold in by pressing a button otherwise I'd never squueze the car in.

Sorry I drive a Honda Accord Euro :P

The only Toyota I own now is my mums Yaris

Edited by fillit

I've always found any leather seats to be annoying on a hot day when wearing short pants. Legs always stick to the leather.

Don't like that.

I prefer fabric any day of the week over leather. I guess it depend if yuo live in Perth or Adelaide to those that live in the cooler climates like over east:)

It's a drawback, but my car is generally kept undercover so it never gets too hot, with climate control on I never have those issues :)

My Corolla has these temp buttons but never taken that much notice of them. I see it as pointless knowing what temp the car was inside but if it does something special that maybe worth knowing.

The car manual isn't that well wrtitten. Don't suppose there is a pdf doc I can download to find more what my car can do ?

My car is generally is the garage but due to the width of the car I tend to keep it out more than in. Only if there is a storm around I'll put it in the garage. My 2011 Corolla is quite a wide car and thankfully the outside mirrors can fold in by pressing a button otherwise I'd never squueze the car in.

I had a look at the Yaris which looked quite a good car but the speedo in the middle put me right off.

Don't like that.

I had a look at the Yaris which looked quite a good car but the speedo in the middle put me right off.

I think the newer ones have the speedo in the middle.

To be honest, after a while you get used to it, I just find it quite hard to keep speed with a digital speedometer. Also it's really inaccurate, like 10- 15% off your actual speed. You can be going at 110 on the freeway and still have every single other car pass you.

Other than that I'm pretty happy with it, good fuel economy and pretty zippy if you slam it into 2 (automatic)

One gripe I have with the car is that it has seat belt warnings even though not one is sitting in the other seats.

You ojnly have to have a small bag of groceries on the seat and beep beep beep and the alarm get seven more annoying the further I go.

Now I have all teh seat belts in even when no one is in the seats. Wish there was a button that could be pressed to turn that annoying alarm off.

My car seems to automatically lock itself if away from the car for more than 30 seconds. And if key is in ignition and I open the car door an alarm goes off which is a good thing to have.

I like it when I go tro get out of the car the light inside the cabin stays on until I press the auto log button on my immobilizer.

Or when I get into the car the cabin light stays on long enough to get the key in to start the car. There is also a orange glow around

where to put th ekey in which is a great idea.

The fuel economy on my cart seems very good for such a heavy car. The tyres on these ascents are quite large.

I have the trip computer set to how many km it has to go before it runs out of petrol. The other buttons for temp and so on doesn't make much sense to me.

The Yaris has a nice GPS Nav where the Corollas of last year didn't and for the big price difference one would expect the corolla to have the gps nav too.

How many sets of keys did they give you with immobilizer with your Yaris ?

Your suppose to get three sets. I was only given two sets and they said I would have to pay $300 for another set.

Someone making a lot of money pout of all this.

One gripe I have with the car is that it has seat belt warnings even though not one is sitting in the other seats.

You ojnly have to have a small bag of groceries on the seat and beep beep beep and the alarm get seven more annoying the further I go.

Now I have all teh seat belts in even when no one is in the seats. Wish there was a button that could be pressed to turn that annoying alarm off.

My car seems to automatically lock itself if away from the car for more than 30 seconds. And if key is in ignition and I open the car door an alarm goes off which is a good thing to have.

I like it when I go tro get out of the car the light inside the cabin stays on until I press the auto log button on my immobilizer.

Or when I get into the car the cabin light stays on long enough to get the key in to start the car. There is also a orange glow around

The fuel economy on my cart seems very good for such a heavy car. The tyres on these ascents are quite large.

I have the trip computer set to how many km it has to go before it runs out of petrol. The other buttons for temp and so on doesn't make much sense to me.

The Yaris has a nice GPS Nav where the Corollas of last year didn't and for the big price difference one would expect the corolla to have the gps nav too.

Your suppose to get three sets. I was only given two sets and they said I would have to pay $300 for another set.

We purchased it second hand (2005/06 YRX Model) (we are the second owners) however it came with 1 set of keys with the alarm on it and 1 normal key. They had a third party alarm installed on it (by the dealership) I know I know, wtf right? but I have all the receipts. Anyway, that alarm caked it so we are just using the oem one.

To be honest I haven't heard of anyone getting 3 sets of keys, maybe in the old days, I remember my 2000 Corolla had 2 sets of keys with 2 alarms and 1 spare key. The two newer cars I've had, 2006 Honda Jazz and my 2009 Honda Accord Euro, both had 2 sets of keys with alarm, keeping in mind it's a 45k car too!

So you would rather not have the alarm for when you decide to have a kid up the front to warn you that he hasn't put his seat belt on or he has taken his seat belt off?

Putting groceries on the floor may help.

So you would rather not have the alarm for when you decide to have a kid up the front to warn you that he hasn't put his seat belt on or he has taken his seat belt off?

Putting groceries on the floor may help.

I already do that along with the back of the hatch. Anything on the seat sets off the alarm.

I have a towel in my car to wipe of the sweat and that is enough to set of the blasted alarm.

Do they really think a small human weighs as light as a small towel.

Its really silly how its been set up. I have to have all my back seat seatbelts connected otherwise beep beep beep

even though at times nothing is on the seats. I notice others do that as well where the seatbelts are all connected.

The car is to small to have anyone sit in the back anyway. I'm over 6 feet tall so have the seat further back than most.

Don't have any small kids to worry about. All grown up now. And who gets in a car without putting the seat belt on first anyway.

We purchased it second hand (2005/06 YRX Model) (we are the second owners) however it came with 1 set of keys with the alarm on it and 1 normal key. They had a third party alarm installed on it (by the dealership) I know I know, wtf right? but I have all the receipts. Anyway, that alarm caked it so we are just using the oem one.

To be honest I haven't heard of anyone getting 3 sets of keys, maybe in the old days, I remember my 2000 Corolla had 2 sets of keys with 2 alarms and 1 spare key. The two newer cars I've had, 2006 Honda Jazz and my 2009 Honda Accord Euro, both had 2 sets of keys with alarm, keeping in mind it's a 45k car too!

You should have got two sets of car keys with it with immobilizer. The dealer always has a third or fourth as a backup key in case its lost.

One of the conditions was to get a third set of car keys but they renegged at the last moment. When I went in with a bank cheque they had changed their minds and said my trade in car was ionly worth $1500 and not thre $3000 even though I signed the contract. I asked for thre contract and I'll go to the accc. They the sales lady then went to the manager to do that routine they do(probably talkedf about something entire different). I noticed they were laughing in the office and I was about to leave in disgust and they then came out and said the manager wants the sale and I would get the $3000 for the car.

The sales lady used the term playing with the numbers for the price ogf the car which was an odd thing to say.

If I had my time again I would have bought elsewhere as the car had paint steins inside the car and a deep cut to the tyre which they refuse to do anything about.

I suspect if I name them in here I'll be banned from this good forum so won't do that.

Edited by jsta

I've personally never bought a new car from the dealership, if I were to I would buy it from one we bank (I'm a corporate/commercial banker and we help a lot of dealerships out with their loans).

When I was looking for an Accord Euro, I ran a check on the dealership network to see what their figures are, turns out they purchase it for 20,500 and resell for 25,500. They wouldn't even get it down to the "retail" rate for me, so I went out and purchased another one private, cost wise ended up about the same but the car was in much better condition and had extended warranty with a few extras. A few days later the sales person calls me back to try and have me buy the car and I gave them a big F*CK you as I was willing to buy it there and then for the price I was after, which was about $400 less than what he was quoting.

However if there were paint stains or cut to the tyre I would reject the car. With Honda they do a pre delivery check list before you take the car.

Poor form on Toyota's end.

I've personally never bought a new car from the dealership, if I were to I would buy it from one we bank (I'm a corporate/commercial banker and we help a lot of dealerships out with their loans).

When I was looking for an Accord Euro, I ran a check on the dealership network to see what their figures are, turns out they purchase it for 20,500 and resell for 25,500. They wouldn't even get it down to the "retail" rate for me, so I went out and purchased another one private, cost wise ended up about the same but the car was in much better condition and had extended warranty with a few extras. A few days later the sales person calls me back to try and have me buy the car and I gave them a big F*CK you as I was willing to buy it there and then for the price I was after, which was about $400 less than what he was quoting.

However if there were paint stains or cut to the tyre I would reject the car. With Honda they do a pre delivery check list before you take the car.

Poor form on Toyota's end.

On page two of their manual that comes with a car threre is a pre check suppose to be carried out by the sales manager of the dealer group to inspect the interior and outside the car and then signed. This wasn't carried out.

I only noticed the paint stains inside the car door when I got home an dthe family spotted it inside the car. I then complained for a few months and about that time my Dad who had Alzheimers was getting quite bad and passed away mid yeasr so my mind was elsewhere during this period. During tis time they wanted me to bring the car in for a checkup but I was at my Dad's bedside for many days while he was dying. A few months later I contcated them to get iot serviced, they said no so I went elsewhere and other dealers would not touch the car until later this month. I explain what had occured and they did not care.

Toyota Australia must have this weird policy with new cars that we new owners must bring it in on a certain time period and there are no excuses.

And Toyota an dthe dealer group everytime I bring up the part about the paint stains or the slash in the car tyre completely ignore these points.

We've had our cars services with them for 20 years an dthey do this to us.

We;ve since found another Toyota dealer that we will send our cars to for servicing. They are Nedlands Toyota and seem to be very good.

If I was buying again I would buy from them.

Here is the paint stain inside the car door. As you can see its pretty bad and I can't believe they won't replace it or do anything about it.

post-30788-0-96771600-1353755395_thumb.j

As you can see there are also scratch marks along the side where the car door open lever is and teh whole panel is a grey colour when

it should be black like the other 3 doors. The car door looks like its a used car door from another car.

No point in me trying to go to the tv news media because 7 and 9 have tv adverts on Toyota cars. My best bet would

b ethe 7-30 report. Tried ACCC a few time and department of commerce but no one interested. I'd name them in here but fear I may get banned so won't post the dealer group.

All the dealers all seem to sell at retail and will never budge from the price.

A tip for anyone buying never ever sign that agreement that they try on you for the first time you look at a car as its an agreenment with them to buy a car. Then thewy can play silly buggers by upping the price. I know this happened to my physio but he got out of it by going to his lawyer as the dealer made many mistakes on the contract.

If I was ever to buy a ne wcar again I would take a hidden camera to record all their lies so its not their word against yours.

I used to get my cars art government auctions where the government would sell their new cars when only 2 years old and often the cars had only

done about 25,000 km butr they changed it to 4 or so years and many been driven into the ground so this tiem went for a new car. Didn't occur to me that the dealer we've had our cars services for 20 yeas would lie through their teeth the way theyt've done.

Live and learn I guess. I've at least recorded some of their fibs in emaisl and my lawyer at one pojnt got involved and they agreed to give me a third set of car keys. When I emailed to say I was coming in I then asked what about the paint stains and the response from them was quite nasrty where they said they could not give me a third set because they had already given me a third set when I picked up the car which is a down right lie. They've lied to my lawyer as well.

They lost my business and told this to many others who have pulled their business away from them.

Good will is everything in business and in thr age of the blog its a very silly thing for them to be doing.

Edited by jsta