Pioneer toyota camry aurion Navigation DVD units

sportivo2007

Just seen this on the net so i thought il share it here ,now you can buy pioneer camry aurion made to fit DVD navigation units ,see the links below

http://www.pioneer.m...97&CatId=,2,240

http://www.pioneer.m...=1398&CatId=240

15qow8w.png

8xknsp.png

Edited by sportivo2007

Looks like a rebranded version of a typical chinese unit - even down to the Windows CE interface and low (by brand name standards) resolution screen.

Must be something done in Malaysia, they wouldn't get away with that here. Just an excuse to take a typical unit, whack on a brand name (not that they've even bothered putting a Pioneer badge on it) and sell it at twice at what it's worth.

Looks like a rebranded version of a typical chinese unit - even down to the Windows CE interface and low (by brand name standards) resolution screen.

Must be something done in Malaysia, they wouldn't get away with that here. Just an excuse to take a typical unit, whack on a brand name (not that they've even bothered putting a Pioneer badge on it) and sell it at twice at what it's worth.

You have a good point steve ,the resolution is like any other chinese units .it looks like made by Malaysia pioneer hmmm but it does have MOSFET 50W x 4 and 7 Hi-Volt RCA Preouts ?, so it must sound good ,

no one has posted any reviews on the unit on google

Edited by sportivo2007

Mosfet 50w x 4 is typical. Mosfet is a TYPE of audio amplifier and for some reason Pioneer has carried on about it for years and years even though they're just one of many brands that uses it. I found a mosfet amp in my old Aurion unit as well.

And it's very dodgy how they haven't actually stated the voltage of the pre-outs, but worded it in such a way that you would think they were high. Vague statements like "Hi Voltage Preout" is a consumer trap, you'd be lucky to get 3-4v I reckon.

Also I doubt made by Pioneer, just rebadged maybe with some firmware tweaks.

• 2 weeks later...

If it runs genuine Pioneer software and isn't a CCS copy, then I'll gladly eat humble pie - hoping of course that they don't charge a rediculous amount for it (more so than otherseas) if it's ever brought here