Camry Sportivo 07 ACV40R VIP Styling Progress Thread

masasaki

So I used to have a Honda Prelude but thought it was time I moved on to a more practical car and my choice was a Camry Sportivo :) I chose this car because not only does it have potential outside but inside is really nice, clean and luxurious like.

My intentions are to create this car to have that "VIP Style Look" but without the SUPER stretched wheels and ultra lowness. As I am short of funds after the purchase of this car and now need to save up this is probably going to be a super slow progress thread. The only VIP mod currently on the car is super dark black tint (legal) :) It was done by the previous owner

Plans

- 19" Rims + Tyres (Gloss Black with a polished lip)

- Lowered Springs (30mm)

- New Muffler (Still deciding)

Here are some photos of my car :)

DSC04613_zps3610fe61.jpg

DSC04618_zps6bb58b28.jpg

DSC04658.jpg

That's a sexy colour man.

I am parting out my springs if you're interested let me know ! Kings&pedders

Thanks man. Is that a picture with springs in the car as of now? Because that's FRIKIN LOW! So is it just springs or coilovers? Inbox me price please :D

Ah, finally some pics! Good color man, nice and sporty. Slow progress is good, I have been making a slow progress on mine. New mufflers next :)

Haha I was going to lower my car on pedders, but have decided against it now. Gonna chuck them on eBay again.

VIP style grill could go on your list too ;)

Always loved that colour.

Really? I wanted either black, silver or white, but couldn't find any within my price range, plus this was the only one I could find that was sportivo and had leather interior :D There's a VIP grill? Never heard/seen it before :S

Ah, finally some pics! Good color man, nice and sporty. Slow progress is good, I have been making a slow progress on mine. New mufflers next :)

Haha I was going to lower my car on pedders, but have decided against it now. Gonna chuck them on eBay again.

Hahaha thanks five (I can call you that right?) Ye going to be slow for a while because I had to buy some tools for the car and little bits and bobs here and there and they're adding up so need to save now since once I go to uni won't have as much money free.

http://www.ebay.com....#ht_2448wt_1271

That one....not really my taste. Would work better if you could delete the Toyota emblem and have the grill fill that area aswell. Oh well, they do exist :)

ED: This one looks ALOT better; http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/2010-2011-Toyota-Camry-XL-XLE-SES-Chrome-Billet-Grille-/300581825772?pt=Motors_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories&fits=Model%3ACamry&hash=item45fc12acec&_uhb=1#ht_2431wt_1037

Edited by VIPZR6

That one....not really my taste. Would work better if you could delete the Toyota emblem and have the grill fill that area aswell. Oh well, they do exist :)

ED: This one looks ALOT better; http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/2010-2011-Toyota-Camry-XL-XLE-SES-Chrome-Billet-Grille-/300581825772?pt=Motors_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories&fits=Model%3ACamry&hash=item45fc12acec&_uhb=1#ht_2431wt_1037

It's a shame you can't, you'd have to replace the whole front bumper as it is part of the front bumper lol.

ED: This one looks ALOT better; http://www.ebay.com....#ht_2431wt_1037

ED: This one looks ALOT better; http://www.ebay.com....#ht_2431wt_1037

IMO it looks ugly sorry. I like the one I have now, but thanks for the input :)

It's a shame you can't, you'd have to replace the whole front bumper as it is part of the front bumper lol.

Wow really? You can't just take it off just like that?

So haven't updated my progress thread for a few days now but this is what I've done to it so far. So I finally got around installing my rear reversing camera. It came free as a gift when I bought my head unit and some guy quoted me $250 to get it fitted. To be honest it was a pretty easy installation, At first I wasn't too sure how to take the kick plates off (I think they're called that) and stuff, but saw a similar tutorial on an older camry where they just pushed it up using a screw driver and it just popped off.

The only mistake that I did make was that some of the clips got stuck and I snapped one or two. Also I plugged the camera video feed into the wrong port, but other than all was good :D

DSC_0679_zpse7b0f442.jpg

DSC_0642_zps7148ff21.jpg

DSC_0680_zps045ca90f.jpg

DSC_0681_zps12adc0cc.jpg

I also got a new muffler installed on Wednesday because I wanted a little noise. So what I got done was I got my old muffler taken off and then got a new Lukey muffler that has similar functions to the varex where the valve opens and closes, but the only difference with the Lukey is that it opens up completely only when you give it some gas. I also got a 4" tip which actually fits the space and looks unnoticeable :)

DSC_0705_zps31fb0ab9.jpg

DSC_0704_zpsa1226b8d.jpg

O and a random decal :D

DSC_0703_zps11f8afe6.jpg

You got courage masasaki, had my car for bout 18 months and still haven't been game to pull the dash apart. lol. Next stop, wheel shop??

Hahaha but that's because I got experience man. I used to have a Honda Prelude. Took that apart bit by bit, installed parts inside and out and ye pretty much learnt the basics of how to disassemble a car and where to find the screws and clips and such.

You got courage masasaki, had my car for bout 18 months and still haven't been game to pull the dash apart. lol. Next stop, wheel shop??

Hahaha but that's because I got experience man. I used to have a Honda Prelude. Took that apart bit by bit, installed parts inside and out and ye pretty much learnt the basics of how to disassemble a car and where to find the screws and clips and such.

The day after I picked up my current Aurion I had the dash apart installing my AUX mod :D essential item though :)

Hahahaa true that, but I prefer having USB Connectivity. Just leave it in the car and when you get in music plays :) Whereas AUX you got to plug in your phone which takes time and I'm lazy so I can't be bothered LOL. Btw VIP do you have a link to your progress thread? (If you have one) Interested in seeing your car :D

Btw VIP do you have a link to your progress thread? (If you have one) Interested in seeing your car :D

Not much progress of late. Dyno run will be in a couple of weeks when I have some holidays up my sleeve :D

• 2 weeks later...