What aurion to pick?

Clint_a

Heya, I'm new to the forum.

I currently drive a 2000 Avalon and I think I need an upgrade to the aurion.

The question is what should I pick? I have been doing fairly extensive research on the presara or the zr6. Few requirements that I have though.

Around 15 to 20 grand, not to many kms and prefer if it was on LPG when I buy it, (I know many are against it, but still)

Does the handeling of the zr6 out weight the luxury and equipment of the presara? Looking at 2007 or newer.

Your help and opinion is very much appreciated.

Edited by Clint_a

Basically the ZR6 is meant to be half sporty had half luxury.

It has the similar features to the Presara (Push to start ignition , leather seats, sunroof)

If you want a presara in the 20k mark you'll be looking at one that's done 70-80km

A lot of people say The TRD is not wow since it's only 40kw extra but everyone has different opions.

And you won't find a TRD for the 20 mark unless its got a lot of K'd they are all high 20's low 30's

Thanks for your input. I didn't want to go trd just yet, because of that reason. I'm fairly flexible, so I could spend 3 grand more.

The presara has Bluetooth, satnav, hid lamps and wood grain. Is there anything else worth mentioning on the presara that the zr6 does not have? I've read other posts on this forum, saying to just put after market equipment, so it's cheaper and you get the best of both worlds, but is it worth it?

Sorry about all the questions

Thanks for your input. I didn't want to go trd just yet, because of that reason. I'm fairly flexible, so I could spend 3 grand more.

The presara has Bluetooth, satnav, hid lamps and wood grain. Is there anything else worth mentioning on the presara that the zr6 does not have? I've read other posts on this forum, saying to just put after market equipment, so it's cheaper and you get the best of both worlds, but is it worth it?

Sorry about all the questions

I have a presara myself.. so i can talk about presaras all day lol.

Some ppl choose the 'after market equipment' but it still doesn't feel original. sometimes the sat nav lags or other stuff. but if you buy the right stuff you won't have a problem.

The presara's got "Toyota Link" http://www.toyota.com.au/toyotalink/index

that's the link but what it basically does is assists you. so if you car gets stolen (which is highly impossible unless you leave the smart key inside the car) Toyota link is the ability to track your car down via GPS satellite.. So somehow they have installed a built in tracker inside the car. you still get your privacy its not like they track your car and know your every move, you have to give them permission to allow them to track your car or you can just make a online account and track it down yourself.

that's why im not worried if my car gets stolen, i'll always find it.

im not sure if the ZR6 has these options but the presara has some nice capabilities

- Headlights adjust automatically and spreads the light evenly

-When you reverse the mirrors tilt down , so you can see how close you get the the kerb or see the parking lines properly

Basically if you are interested in all that you'll get a presara and spend some money making it look beasty (bodykits ,wheels , performance wise and all that stuff)

When you start the car the headlights adjust themselves..

When you have fourced air induction (turbo, super chargers) and high kms, it's never a good thing(apart from turbo diesel) IMO,

I'm going for a test drive tomorrow in both.

Also one more thing, does the 2010 model zr6 and presara come with any significant upgrades, conpaired to the earlyer models?

The facelift models have HIDs as a standard on Presara (option on ZR6?)

Also Sat Nav is standard in the ZR6...thats about it functionality wise

The zenon lights were available only for the Presara models in the first-generation. The Sat Nav was standard for the Presara, however was a complementary option with the moonroof for the first-gen Sportivo ZR6.

So what you should ask yourself is which features you like most.

If you like the sat nav, the sunroof or leather, or prefer the looks or whatever, make the list and compare. The model that gives you more in that list is the lucky winner.

I personally wouldn't buy a car to get the optionals later, because I know I won´t get them after...

Cheers

AB

Thank you all for the advice. I'm going to go with presara , either 2007 or 2008.

But what I'm a lil interested is, what does the 10' model presara have that the 07' ,08' and 09' dont?

Edited by Clint_a