2007 Pressara moon roof

bearj

Any ideas why the moon roof on my recently purchased car will not open but tilt function still works? Only had it a few weeks and it was ok at first but has now stopped? Dash display also says moonroof open when we turn the car off, this has been happening since we got the car but thought it was maybe a normal message to come up? Also regarding the light washer, when we use the button nothing happens, there is water in the tank. Are there wipers hidden in the lights or is it meant to just spray water? Thanks

Hi, I have exactly the same car and model and here are a couple of suggestions.

Regarding the moonroof, it has to be fully closed before it will slide, the fact that there is a warning light when you turn off the engine may indicate it is not fully closed yet.

Regarding the headlight washer, the low beam needs to be turned on before the washers will work. Turn on your low beam and then press the button and you should see some action.

Thanks Kombi17, the washer issue solved thanks for the tip. Must be something stopping the message that the moonroof is completely closed getting through, will have to figure out what.

Good to hear. My sun roof has a slight glitch where if I press and hold the close tilt button, the sunroof will close but then open again. To overcome this whenever I need to fully close the sunroof, I press the close button in short burst and this will allow the roof to fully close.

I would suggest you fully open (tilt) the sun roof and then press the close button in short burst until it's fully closed and then see if it slides open.

Thanks Kombi17, the washer issue solved thanks for the tip. Must be something stopping the message that the moonroof is completely closed getting through, will have to figure out what.