SCAVENGER HUNT

I saw this over at the rollaclub forums, but they never seem to get it off the ground.

Essentially, it's one of the good old fashioned Scavenger Hunts we use to have when we were younger, but rather than incorpoirating the suburb we live in, we use all of Brisbane. How's this sound....

We each turn up in our cars, with or without friend depending on a) if you have any, or B) if you want to make things easier for yourself.

We have a meet up somewhere central, like say....mmm... Data#3 (dunno why I picked there :P ) and organise ourselves. This is where a list of objects/items/scenery is going to be distributed.

Each car then heads out for the hunt to find these things and collect them, photograph them or whatever else may be required.

NO ILLEGAL ACTIVITIES ARE TO BE PERFORMED DURING THIS EVENT!!!!!!!!

Later in the day, we meet back and whoever has the most items off the list is the winner. Where 2 entries have the same number, then this is where the fun part comes in.

When collecting or photgraphing items, creativity is the name of the game. eg one hunt I went on when I was younger, called for a ATM reciept. Some people collected heaps, some had a nice variety and one team managed to find one with a balance printed on it of about 3/4 mill.....they won that item.

I reckon we could arrange this thing for sometime in November, maybe the Sunday 19th. (I can't do the 26th.)

Other cars/clubs are welcome if you want them to come along. Bring on the Hondas & Nissans....

Let me know your thoughts....

Cheers

Aaron

sounds GREAT!!!!!!!!

yay for azza ;)

Ill helpyou to organise it :P

I'm all up for this. the only thing we have to make sure of is cameras etc. maybe we all chip in so everyone has a throw away camera? the price can also include lunch...ie snags etc at a park that is on the way for the hunt????

so lets say $20 each car which covers cost of camera and some snags???

i think its refered to as a rally :P

car rally

(often people mistaken the name for actually rallying your cars but obviously its not)

well now that i think about it it kinda is you have to start somewhere go through sectors (or find items) then make your way to the finish

cheers :)

i think its refered to as a rally :P

car rally

(often people mistaken the name for actually rallying your cars but obviously its not)

well now that i think about it it kinda is you have to start somewhere go through sectors (or find items) then make your way to the finish

cheers  :)

When I was in Apex and Rotaract we had the occasional car trek (the word "rally" doesn't sit too well with insurance companies.

The last one I was involved in, it included the scavenger hunt, there were cryptic navigational directions, an observation test and fun games at a number of checkpoints, plus each stop gave you a card, so we had a poker game running along the way ... sky's the limit, really.

When the Nav Runs come up with TCCAQ in the new year, I'll let everyone know the dates, but Azza's run sounds cool, we should be in.

Making it a photo run is great, because a pic can replace a big, smelly, dirty item. One I went on called for "road kill". Most people had dead toads, etc, in plastic bags. One guy in a LandCruiser ute turned up with this massive dead crow, ants and maggots included! :P

Edited by Buddha

The camera idea is great because if you don't enforce the use of it, it makes for a great way to ham it up and be creative.

The idea of the disposables is great because you can then ensure that everyone entering is starting on a level playing field, and not turning up with a camera full of pictures already. The only disadvantage is that you don't get them developed on the day therefore you can't fully judge the winner there and then.

One option you can use if you ask people to use their own digital cameras (which almost everyone has one now these days anyway) is that you issue everyone with a small sign, poster or card or something, whereby when they take the photo, they then have to have themselves, or their partner/passenger/friend hold the sign/poster/card in the shot.

This is a work in progress and will take input from anybody that wants to be part of it...

Cheers

Aaron

Xanthe loves the idea and really wants to come along....

THX AZZA!!! something my girlfriend actually wants to come to thats car related :D

She drives a Toyota too doesn't she, she can also enter as another vehicle....

Wait - then that'd mean you'd have to find a friend to be in your car with you :P