problem on 1st - 2nd gear..

hi!! ive bought this for.. like 3 months soon..

its my 1st car.. and 1st manual car i drive.

so.. this mite sound stupid.. but here it goes..

hmm.. i live in a villa right.. n it takes at least like.. 3-4 mins to get out of it.. coz theres like.. 1x sets of hump.. i have to drive at... 40km/h..

so.. 2nd gear all the way...

after each hump... my car shakes like hell!!! is it because the speed dropped... or something is wrong? is it normal? driven manual for like 3 months.... still dun get it..

even though i step on the gas.. it still shakes a bit..

i wish i could drive thru the hump.. at 60.. then.. no problem...

are you clutched? i don't know how others drive but i was taught that if you're driving at a low speed say 40 and under, then you should have the clutch in and just rev and let it out a little as you want to move, the shaking is most likely because the engine is dropping to a low rev and getting on stall point

sounds like you are labouring the motor. It's just because your rev's are too low, it would be like trying to take off from traffic lights in second gear. Try taking it back to first when you go over the speed bump, and you should be right...

Haha, reminds me of a couple of months ago.

In my 1zz i actually managed to start off in 3rd (it wasnt done on purpose, i just wasnt paying attention, hehe) with no stall - try doing that with a stocko rolla!

But if you car is shaking excessively at 40k's over humps in 2nd...then there may a problem with your transmission. What sort of car are you driving? If it is a corolla, there shouldnt be any problems going even 10kph in 2nd.

Another solution is simply to slow down completely for each hump and change down into first and just cruise over each speed hump.

ooo ok.. so above 20k rpm..

id always go above i think...

let me chek tmr morning...

man.. changing it to 1st gear in every hump... man.. its soooo annoying!! there r jus tooo many!!!

clutching it.. i do that too.. mayb im not gd enough yet.. i clutch it.. n release it 2..

then.. speeds down..

thxthxh!! try tmr!!!

man.. changing it to 1st gear in every hump... man.. its soooo annoying!! there r jus tooo many!!!

clutching it.. i do that too.. mayb im not gd enough yet.. i clutch it.. n release it 2..

then.. speeds down..

thxthxh!! try tmr!!!

wat area u from ..... maybe seeing that ur new to manual 1 of the members can show u in their car ?????

Well....i drive to work via a certain route every day and there are a few speed humps on the way as well....i usually clutch over the hump, switch to 2nd and release the clutch when exiting the hump as the speed slightly picks up in the way out of the hump.....

give that a go...might help.... :blink:

then.. speeds down..

thxthxh!! try tmr!!!

wat area u from ..... maybe seeing that ur new to manual 1 of the members can show u in their car ?????

thx man!! its ok.. from teknoman and gtir.. clutching helps a lot!!! ^^ wahhaha~

thx guys!!!

btw.. im from sydney...

id thought my muff.. was broken.. damn it will b a gd excuse to change it..

my stupid muff.. sounds funny while at.. 2nd gear.. thats y.. i always try to go to 3rd gear.. at 30km...

thx guys!!! :lol::rolleyes:

you can start from stationary in any gear below gear 4 =D my dads the best manual instructor. it all just depends how good your clutch is, and how well you can synch everything.

please dont say that you got your full licence and had the nerve to jump straight into a manual with no instruction or advice. coze... those ppl r "statistics" and thats one of the the key reason why aussie has such a high youth crash rate, and quite frankly they r worse off drivers then P platers.

As for being lazy and not downshifting... why not keep it in 2nd?

I did all my learner training with an instructor in a manual then drove autos for 8 years... :P :D :D

Test driving different cars when I bought the Stivo was the 1st time I drove a manual for 2.5 years, but it was just like riding a bike...

I agree though, it is important to learn, and be taught, how to drive a manual properly

when i was driving my parents camry stivo i was holding onto the gearstick and everytime i braked to come to a stop i naturally put the gearstick into neutral o.O was still thinking it was manual, oh and i was trying to find the clutch a few times :P