Hi all

Just wondering if anyone can help me with setting the map display auto dimming function to time zone rather than dimming when lights are turned on. The problem is that when driving on highways etc I prefer to drive with lights on, but when i do this the map display dims and makes it impossible to see.

I was sure that when i first got the Hilux the map was set to dim at a certain time rather than when lights are used. I have been studying the user bible but cant find any information that leads me in the right direction.

Any help appreciated

Rob

I have the same unit, like yours you cant change it from the settings ,its all controlled from the harness from the back of the unit ,if you were to cut the dimmer wire then your unit will be day light 24/7 ,

you can always just change the to day light from map settings when you turn on your lights ,the unit uses the day/night sensor on your car its has noting to do with the time on the car

or use your fog lights ?

Good news. You can choose to have the screen dim when you turn the lights on/off, At a certain time, not at all or manually as posted above.

From the map screen push this button or just push the audio button.

2. Use the arrow above Phone to scroll so the Info button appears.

3. Push info and then settings and scroll down to see screen dim options(lights/time/off)

Hope this helps.

• Like 1

Thanks ZREConquest that got it cheers.I was sure it was set as time dim when I got the Hilux but as any new toy one plays with buttons and settings and that was one I could just not find. Thanks for your help.