SOUND Deadener, where can i buy them in bulk??

leasaunce

Hi all,

im in sydney, and i want to know where i can buy good quality sound deadener sheet from?? ive got some from Jaycar and they're fairly expensive ($20 for 2x 330mmx330mm sheet)

i want to buy couple of square meters... I saw one for $70aud but sadly the item is not in sydney (4.5sq meter), and its gonna cost me another $50aud for shipping cost.

So anyone please help me....

If you're going to deaden your car, then you really ought to do it properly - don't skimp out on quality material.

By far the best all round (and very expensive) is Dynamat Extreme.

What do you plan to do the the deadener? Front Doors?

mate go to bunnings and get flashtak comes in heaps of differnt widths and sizes. is fairly cheap and easy to find.

a few dudes put me onto it a while back and it works insane.

its used normally to fix leaks and **** for piping and guttering but is awsome for sound deadening.

i used it in my last car and it worked great.

also planning on using it on my rolla just havnt had a chance to do it yet.

flashtak flashtak flashtak :D

Go to the Car Audio Australia Forums and have a read through them. You'll soon learn how good stuff like flashtak, brown-bread, Jaycar SD really are.

General consenus is Dynamat Extreme > Focal Soundoff Classic (this is what I have) > Stinger Roadkill. Mind you, the three aforementioned are top end sound deadening, and the difference between them isn't all that great.... Dynamat, Soundoff, and Roadkill are all excellent products. Pricey as well.

PS. CAA is for "hard-core" car-audiophiles. The deadeners that I've mentioned as being excellent are good for both SQ and SPL setups.

Flashtak and Jaycar are ok for the price, but there's a world of difference between these and the top products.

Edited by bigdenis

hmm.......i just bought the FLASHTAC from Bunnings. So you reckon i should return it and get my money back??? i bought 2 pck, $37 each (710mm X 10m) $74 in total for 2 of them. with that price i can buy 4.5m square of Real Sound Deadener from the US.

let me know what you guys think.....