30,000km service and 0W-20 oil

coolscan

Had the 30,000km service last week. I requested and got 0W-20 oil, and was not charged any extra. I think my fuel consumption has improved fractionally, but it is hard to be sure. We do a lot lf highway, and weather changes fine to rainy, wind factors, and slightly cooler days all play a part.

They also changed a dodgy rear shockie under warranty - no more clunking. Local service department seems very good.

Regards, coolscan.

whoa man, 0W20 and didnt get charged extra? also u want spun bearings? continue using that 0W20 oil. i'd recommend 10W30 all year round for that queensland climate. how did u know they put in 0W20 when u requested it? did u give it to them? if its toyota dealer, i really doubt they have that oil and would not charge u extra. local mechanic WOULD definitely charge u extra...............

fuel consumption would be TINY bit better...with the expensive of engine protection.

I had my 15,000 service a couple of weeks ago and took some Shell Helix Ultra with me.

Unfortunately, they were flat out and had pre-done the service invoice for $130 and I had to get back to work so I said just put the durablend in then. :-/

On a positive note the 2012 model seems less adversely affected fuel economy wise by the cooler/wetter weather than my 2010 model did. (different method for quick warm up of the engine maybe?)

I noticed a fairly obvious increase of about .02 LPH in the older model (haven't noticed it in our current car - touchwood) Average still sitting on 5.7 LPH after more than 16K and daily use averages much the same as usual. :-)

Kenshin X,

0w-20 synthetic oil is one of a few grades of oil recommended in the owner's handbook for the 2012 Camry Hybrid. I believe this is true of the new Mazdas and some new Hondas. Therefore, I doubt that it will cause problems. Since you obviously doubt that the 0W-20 oil that appeared on the invoice at the appropriate price was actually used, there definitely should be no problem!

The vehicle is on a capped $130 service schedule, and that is what I paid.

coolscan.