charging a car battery (Aurion 09)

Hello all Hoping to get some advice. I have never charged a car battery before. My 2009 aurion won't start after sitting in the garage for a month. I bought a battery charger (Calibre Battery Charger - 12V, 8 Amp, 3 Stage Intelligent Pulse) from supercheap auto. I plan to charge the battery in the car. The manual stated that I will need to disconnect the ground cable and remove the vent plugs I was wondering if disconnection of the ground cable necessary? I checked a few on-line videos and others have not done this.

Furthermore, I do not know where the vent plugs are. I have attached a photo of the battery. There is nothing on the sides of the battery

Thanks in advance

I charged my old battery in my kluger with a CTEK smart battery charger and I didnt remove ground cable ,earth lead,I just cliped the battery charger clips over the top of the cars battery clips and didnt have any dramas, I did however un done the venting caps which is recomended, the venting caps are on top of the battery,but if its a calcium battery it will be sealed and wont have venting caps .

I think you should be ok charging the battery in the car with the battery charger you bought,if its a good quality one and has intelligent charging ,or mostly refered as smart chargers you be fine,and you wont need to remove your ground cable ,earth lead,.

Thanks Croco

looks like I have 6 venting caps on the top. I will completely remove them and leave the ground cable on. Less hassle that way. I was told that the charger I bought was a automatic one and just plug it in and leave it.

http://www.supercheapauto.com.au/online-store/products/Calibre-Battery-Charger-12V-8-Amp-3-Stage-Intelligent-Pulse.aspx?pid=276836&menuFrom=70603#Cross

Were you able to see my photo of my battery. I am not sure if I loaded it properly.

No mate I couldnt see the photo of the battery ,but did see the super cheap battery charger range,they have a great range and look pretty good.

Charging the battery in the car the best way,at least you know you wont lose any of your settings,years ago with the real old battery chargers it was un heard of to charge you battery while it was in the car,because the old chargers were nothing more than a transformer with no micocomputer to analise the charging process and protect electrical coponents,now with modern battery chargers with all the technology you are perfectly safe to charge you car battery in the car.

Update... Charged the battery last night. Left the ground cable in place. No issues and was driving the car today.

Thanks Croco for your input