Bought a Rukus today!

Hazelglow

Hi everyone,

Bought a Rukus today - an ex-demo 2011 model in Amazon (& funny black stripes) with only 10,000kms on the clock.

Is just a Build 1, but the only thing that disappoints initially is the low-lying, open-topped excuse of a centre console...

My initial research online seems to suggest that there are better (taller, closeable, sliding arm-rest) variants available. I think perhaps it comes with the Build 3, maybe the Build 2 as well? And maybe on the same year Scion xB?

Anybody have any suggestions what to upgrade to, and where to get it?

Many thanks!

- Haze.

Hi Haze...

Firstly congrats on your purchase the Rukus is an awesome car...

Now with the arm rest they do come in a build 2 and 3 only not sure on what prices are for it you might want to hit up your local dealership and are what they can do for you... I can speak to some of my US based friends and see what they have available maybe go to a junkyard to see if they can get one if you like

Let me know...

Chris

• 1 month later...

Congratulations from me, even though i am just a little late ;) do you want to know something funny i too was thinking same thing as my Rukus Halo is also open & does not come with arm rest & was wondering if i could in fact get one fitted, i think they look so much nicer & + not forgetting you can rest your arm on. Yes the Rukus is such an amazing Car that nobody but us can see the real Beauty that it holds. just wondering have you tried E-Bay.? as i am always searching there for new & exciting things for my Rukus Halo you will be pleasantly Surprised in what you may find. i wouldn't be without them. my Rear Spoiler was ordered on E-Bay as Toyota were no longer able to get one they were out of Stock. So with this if your Local Dealership are no longer able to get that Part you were after, don't stress, you know where to go & the Price will be much Cheaper. Wish you Safe & Happy Driving your Beautiful Rukus & remember nothing is impossible :rolleyes:

• 3 weeks later...

it's me again i have returned :spiteful: thought i would find out if there was a way to get that arm rest fitted, i decided to phone my Local Toyota Dealership & the man politely informed me that if i did in deed decide to get that much wanted arm rest, they would have to replace the whole bottom bit & the price just blew me away wait for it $800 Dollars i wonder if it is made out of Gold to match my Front Grill Badge ;)

Edited by Sonia

it's me again i have returned :spiteful: thought i would find out if there was a way to get that arm rest fitted, i decided to phone my Local Toyota Dealership & the man politely informed me that if i did in deed decide to get that much wanted arm rest, they would have to replace the whole bottom bit & the price just blew me away wait for it $800 Dollars i wonder if it is made out of Gold to match my Front Grill Badge ;)

Did they quote you on just the part by any chance? I cant imagine it being that difficult to install to be honest

Geez - $800 sounds like a bargain!

I asked my dealer a couple of months ago how much for supply only of the centre console parts; and was told $539.25 for the lid and $961.07 for the box... Not including GST!

Sonia - can I ask where your dealer is?

Edited by Hazelglow

Did they quote you on just the part by any chance? I cant imagine it being that difficult to install to be honest

for some strange reason & don't ask me why, but when they made the console without no arm rest, there was no going to be any future arm rest added. my Console to me was always half finished, my heart breaks not having an arm rest or even a Cover to shut over. the salesman said & i remember his words like it was Yesterday, i was in way too much Shock :o if i was to want an arm rest fitted they would have to remove the whole bottom console & put in the proper Console that would most definitely have the arm rest & cover. So i will never understand why they made it like that. but maybe they were Just cutting Cost remember it would be an extra $800 or something like that, there must be another way to get that arm rest & if You or anybody knows how i can get one Please inform me even if it cost a few hundred i am willing to pay as long as it is reasonable. there was no 1 Part as i too have been looking every where even on Ebay & thought i had found just what i was looking for. the arm rest that i found was only a Leather Cover hmmm back to the drawing Board ;)

Geez - $800 sounds like a bargain!

I asked my dealer a couple of months ago how much for supply only of the centre console parts; and was told $539.25 for the lid and $961.07 for the box... Not including GST!

Sonia - can I ask where your dealer is?

hahaha Well if you call that a Bargain i would hate to go Shopping with you ;) not even i would pay $539.25 for the lid & $961.07 for the box or the bottom half. i may have done some stupid things in my Life but even if i was having a Million dollars in the Bank i would not Dare Pay that amount that is what you call highway robbery ;) my Dealer are here in Cairns " Pacific Toyota " and the Drama's i have had with my Halo since owning it 2 years ago would definitely Blow your mind :lol: i am starting to Wonder will i ever get my Wish & have a really Nice arm rest fitted in my Halo.? the Cup holders are fine but there ware way too many in there what about the arm rest :angry: So you are Living in the ACT, i am guessing your Heater gets a work out in Winter ;)

hey thanks Chris you are an Angel :D it looks a little like join the dots but think i could put it all together ;) are you knowing exactly what the total cost will be. & can it be fitted in any type of Rukus including the Halo.??