Toyota Sprinter (Marino)

Steve-O

Hello - recently I purchased a 1992 Toyota Sprinter. On the dashboard there is a multi-information display. The problem is that the display is Chinese which makes reading a problem :( I imagine it must be possible to find a unit that displays in English but I haven't a clue where to find one - can anyone help?

• 4 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...

thats what i was gonna say, due to the buttons on there, but maybe its a clock that also shows other information? not sure what, maybe temperature or something like that? i dunno, but i would doubt that it is replaceable with an english version. i doubt an english version exists

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I've just recently bought a Ceres and have the same problem with my MDU. Its very frustrating (especially seeing as though its in a foreign language). I got the owners handbook from the library and in that its got all the things that will come up on it and what they mean in English. Not only is a clock (and a calendar) but it can also warn you of minor things like "rear left door ajar" right up to more serious things like "engine oil pressure is low". Now if only I could remember all those Japanese characters and know from just glancing at the MDU why it was beeping at me. My one was having a fit the other day cos I supposedly needed to top up the windscreen washer and the battery. Yes the windscreen washer did need a top up but the battery levels were fine, so I put a little bit more water in there just in case but its still insisiting I need to top it up. I think I may have to reset and see if that helps matters, anyone know how to do that? A friend with a Honda just had to unhook the battery for a while, then rehook it and rev it at a certain amount of revs for so long, but maybe Toyota's resetting procedure is different.

• 1 month later...

Hello - recently I purchased a 1992 Toyota Sprinter. On the dashboard there is a multi-information display. The problem is that the display is Chinese which makes reading a problem :( I imagine it must be possible to find a unit that displays in English but I haven't a clue where to find one - can anyone help?

• 4 years later...

hello,

If u still have user manual with u...I need ur help bro. I bought ceres recently and just wondering what type of fuel I should be using normal or high octane ( premium).

Thanks.

Please reply me at vikramuk@hotmail.com

Edited by vik