new project - 1992 Paseo, manual conversion and 4EFTE!!

ben23

Hey guys, first post, had my sisters old '92 Paseo sitting around for the last 6 months since she got her new car, it WAS a 5E-FE auto, but after ditching my old van project which wasnt gonna happen, i decided to **** around with the paseo. within a week i sorted a good low km 4EFTE with manual box and Microtech LT-8 and the manual bits from pick n payless. First step was to pull the 5E and auto out and fit the manual bits while i had the room, 3 holes later the pedal, master cylinder and shifter and cables were fitted.

Stripped down the 4E on a stand to inspect it, and its most definitely a fresh motor, no glazing, still got crosshatching in the bores. Bottom end will be left alone. Head is off getting a once over at the moment and ill be throwing a full set of seals, gaskets and timing gear at it. TD04L is going on, and Microtech LT-8 management, rising rate regulator, walbro in-tank pump, a beefy front mount that ive worked in behind the front bar and an external wastegate and of course a bov.

Boilermaker mate of mine is doing the exhaust and intake piping, so thats a plus, and the wiring is being handled by me, while head is being sorted by a local guy. Using the microtech I can reuse the original engine harness, and just change a few plugs to suit the different TPS and a few other minor things, and run some extra wires for gauges and such. Pics coming tonight, at work right now.

Cheers.

• 5 months later...