Question?

Bangtown

Okay it's newbie stupid question time again lads and of course I'm first to go.....

Thinking BC coilovers for suspension,

The weights front and rear.?

How do these corrispond to the ride eg.

If I want a nice 6 hour drive out to work setup would be like a ...?....?.......?

If I want to fang around a track like the stig would be ......?.....?.....?

Excuse me ignorance please

Thanks guys :)

They come standard as 6KG front and 3KG rear. You can get 8 and 4.5 as I've been told. Standard springs should be fine unless you've got overly big/wide wheels.

Settings = personal preference but also think about getting a front strut bar & thicker rear sway bar. Search on the forums for these, there's loads of info. These 2 items on their own will help the car handle heaps better (just goes where you point it) but combined with a lower ride height and stiffer springs you'll be on your way.

There's also a really good review of the BCs on here somewhere else but just search through, if I can find the link I'll put it up for you.

Have a look at these:
http://au.toyotaownersclub.com/forums/topic/17039-ultra-racing-strut-bar/
http://au.toyotaownersclub.com/forums/topic/19549-coilover-try-out/

Hey Nathan, I see you have 5kg at the back. What wheel size and width are you on? And what are the coils set to? Im getting stiffer springs for my coils, just trying to work out 4.5kg/6kg or more... Do you have any issues with a carload of people as it sits?

Hey Nathan, I see you have 5kg at the back. What wheel size and width are you on? And what are the coils set to? Im getting stiffer springs for my coils, just trying to work out 4.5kg/6kg or more... Do you have any issues with a carload of people as it sits?

i have heard that you would need to get your shockies revalved to handle stiffer spring, not sure if this is correct but it is something to keep in mind :/

i have heard that you would need to get your shockies revalved to handle stiffer spring, not sure if this is correct but it is something to keep in mind :/

OP is talking about coilovers, so no need (most have damper adjustment these days)

OP is talking about coilovers, so no need (most have damper adjustment these days)

so get stiffer springs and set dampness to soft??

I've got 19x8.5 front and rear. Can't remember exactly how many clicks I have the dampers set to. Never had a problem with a carload of people. That's with a pretty heavy sub box in the back too. When I was getting the coils ordered in I was told 5 kg would be fine.

so get stiffer springs and set dampness to soft??

Essentially yes, currently I have 3KG rears and set on max stiffness which still isn't enough. So maybe with 6/8KG or thereabouts i'll be able do dial it down a little while still being able to increase at will if required.

I've got 19x8.5 front and rear. Can't remember exactly how many clicks I have the dampers set to. Never had a problem with a carload of people. That's with a pretty heavy sub box in the back too. When I was getting the coils ordered in I was told 5 kg would be fine.

Thanks Nathan, I've got 9.5 rears so 3KG just doesn't cut it. Work on the guards has helped a great deal but still cant have 2 adults in the back. Looks like I'll go for 8KG and dial down the dampers so at least I have room to move.