Genuine Bulbs???

Hi,

I'm purchasing a pair of Xenon Hid bulbs for my 2007 aurion presara but I've heard there are heaps of fake phillip bulbs on the market, Toyota want $490 for each bulb which I find very expensive, I found this eBay seller who claims his are genuine, they are $350 for a pair

Does anyone believe these may be fakes??

Here is the link

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Genuine-Philips-Ultinon-6000K-D4S-Xenon-HID-Bulbs-Toyota-Lexus-RX-IS-GS-86-GTS-/121111786203?pt=AU_Car_Parts_Accessories&hash=item1c32d332db&_uhb=1

Hi,

I have the same make, model and year car and had the same issue a couple of years ago. I also got stung by buying fake globes off ebay the first time and it's not a mistake you'd want to make too often as changing the globes are a pain in the a..e.

I eventually got my globes from here: http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/PHILIPS-D4S-X-2-BULBS-42402-C1-42V-35W-P32D-5-OE-FIT-ORIGINAL-XENON-HID-LAMP-DOT-/130577158276?pt=Motors_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories&hash=item1e67015084

They have not failed me for 2 years. I've also posted/contributed to a fews posts on changing these globes....Good luck and may patience be on your side.

• Like 1

Hi,

I'm purchasing a pair of Xenon Hid bulbs for my 2007 aurion presara but I've heard there are heaps of fake phillip bulbs on the market, Toyota want $490 for each bulb which I find very expensive, I found this eBay seller who claims his are genuine, they are $350 for a pair

Here is the link

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Genuine-Philips-Ultinon-6000K-D4S-Xenon-HID-Bulbs-Toyota-Lexus-RX-IS-GS-86-GTS-/121111786203?pt=AU_Car_Parts_Accessories&hash=item1c32d332db&_uhb=1

I actually just purchased from this guy, they all seem to be the real deal and has a shop too if you look at his other listings.

I've been in contact with him past few days asking questions about lighting for the aurion. So far I've changed my head lights to Phillips ultra vision and purchased LED parkers from him. Still waiting on parkers to arrive though.

Only posted just yesterday.

Hi,

Here is the link

Try www.point-blank.com.au

Dude there was very helpful for me.

Cheaper than that and still real....

Hope it helps

i wouldn't buy it from eBay .99 % are FAKE

Hi,

I have the same make, model and year car and had the same issue a couple of years ago. I also got stung by buying fake globes off ebay the first time and it's not a mistake you'd want to make too often as changing the globes are a pain in the a..e.

I eventually got my globes from here: http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/PHILIPS-D4S-X-2-BULBS-42402-C1-42V-35W-P32D-5-OE-FIT-ORIGINAL-XENON-HID-LAMP-DOT-/130577158276?pt=Motors_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories&hash=item1e67015084

They have not failed me for 2 years. I've also posted/contributed to a fews posts on changing these globes....Good luck and may patience be on your side.

Hi,

Here is the link

I actually just purchased from this guy, they all seem to be the real deal and has a shop too if you look at his other listings.

I've been in contact with him past few days asking questions about lighting for the aurion. So far I've changed my head lights to Phillips ultra vision and purchased LED parkers from him. Still waiting on parkers to arrive though.

Only posted just yesterday.

Thanks everyone for your opinions on this matter, it's shocking how many fakes are out there, I've heard that Phillips aren't all that bothered to pursue the problem.

Silver-Aurion, great to hear that someone on here has had dealings with this seller, I looked at his page on facebook and looks like he has a great store, many people seem to be more than pleased with his products and service,

so I decided to purchase them, I'll post on here after Iv'e installed them to let everyone know if they are any good :)

Also, I found out that apparently genuine Phillip D4S 6000K HIDs will have a red-like salt inside the glass and a pearl-blue rod on the outside whereas many fakes will have a white-ish salt inside and a flat blue or even a grey rod on the outside (This is only regarding 6000K bulb as far as Im aware), I hope this helps anyone looking into new 6000K HIDs :)

Hi again everyone, I received those bulbs yesterday and installed them. I couldn't be more happier with the results, there is such good visibility I barley need high beams,

They appear to be a yellow/white colour when driving but looking upon the car from the outside of about 10+ metres away they are a pure white with a hint of blue,

Here is a picture I took of only the low beams on,

http://au.toyotaownersclub.com/forums/gallery/image/4947-img-2856/

• 1 month later...

For those of us who don't have HID's. I have just purchased Philips Extreme Power +100% low beam globes from Autobarn for $69.00 ($20 off on special). I have used these globes on my last two cars (2010 Commodore and 2006 Kluger). Yhey are worth every cent. Vision in dry and wet is improved. Bright white light and ADR approved - some of the blue ones are not street legal and as the K factor goes up, the penetration and vision goes down. 4000k I find best but up to 6000k probably ok as well. No need to adjust headlight aim. As far as I am concerned, using Autobarn minimises the risk of buying fakes, even if they cost a bit more than R Bay prices.