4 x 4 Turbo Diesel Double/Dual Cab.

4 x 4 Turbo Diesel Double/Dual Cab.

Well its coming to time that I may have to let the Corolla Sportivo go in favour for a work horse.

I am looking at a brand new 4 x 4 Turbo Diesel Dual Cab vehicle.

So in short.

Ford, Holden, Mazda - Their 4 x 4 Turbo Diesel Dual Cab offerings are unacceptable.

Toyota Hilux SR5 4 x 4 Turbo Diesel Dual Cab - At 45-50K plus on the road with options, sorry no go. Also I don't like electronic throttle, its like driving an X-BOX. Nice can but priced way to high, even the SR model :( .

Nissan Navara ST-R 4 x 4 Turbo Diesel Dual Cab - Not bad for 37K plus on the road with options, only problem, I will have to re-do the front seats as I headbutt the roof, even with the seat rolled back in an uncomfortable position :blink: .

Mishubishi Triton GLX-R 4 x 4 Turbo Diesel Dual Cab - Not bad for 37K plus on the road with options, seems promissing, only thing, it doesn't come with a rear bumper, but this is the front runner at the moment.

Any other models that I have missed in 4 x 4 Turbo Diesel Dual Cab offerings sold new in Australia?, and What are your opinions of the Mishubishi Triton GLX-R 4 x 4 Turbo Diesel Dual Cab?

Edited by omn1potent

I don't know much about the Triton, except to say that they seem to be very popular ... there are a lot of them on the road.

Here's a cheaper option for you:

For $30999 for the 4x4 ($27990 for 4x2, add $2g to either for auto), you get a better rear seat than most dual-cabs and Mercedes-Benz drivetrain technology, plus they're pretty well equipped. At the very least, its worth going to www.ssangyong.com.au to read their spiels ... here's a quote about their manual transmissions:

"The vehicles with manual transmission can be divided by the direct and cable type. Rexton adopts semi-remote type, so it utilizes two advantages and minimizes the defects" :P

When you dismissed Holden, was it just Rodeo, or did you dismiss Crewman as well?

Edited by Buddha

Nissan is soon to release a new Navara to sell along side the existing model. It's based on the New Pathfinder/Terrano so it's alot more refined, and slightly larger than the existing model. The front end also looks like the Pathfinder.