Left Foot Braking

Hi,

been trying out left foot braking on my corolla sportivo, i read somewhere that is it possible to slide with left foot braking.. however, i was only able to do it on wet road. on dry road, i still have to slide with the E-brake. have anyone of u guys try it before?

Also, left foot braking is suppose to allow FF to clear a corner at a higher speed.. however, i dun really feel the difference when i try it out in Calder park.

Ur say?

haha i learnt all about this on INITAIL D ahahaha LOL it rocks go watch it LOL

FWD cars using the left foot breaking technique can actually turn quicker

id love to master the skill hehe

maybe left footing in a high speed corner would help bring weight to the front hence more traction? not quite sure on the physics..

any sudden weight shift to the front would make the rear break traction easier i guess.. if that's what you're aiming for..

Corzza "racers clutch and brake at the same time very skill full!

especially for drifting"

you mean they brake and tap the accelerater between down shifts and "double clutch" to bring the revs in line

therefore when u get to the next gear u got higher engine revs and smoother downshift but able to keep the high revs for the corner

haha sounds pretty technicals i might go take some racing classes or something lol

my feet are too big for the stivo footwell anyways theres no way i can start using things like heal toe and whatnot

i was trying this LFB last week and its funny how uncoordinated my left foot was. i guess it was too used to pressing the clutch so i kept braking too hard and it became VERY ineffective :blink:

i downshift to 2nd about 15m before the corner and just as i enter the corner i put the clutch in and release it, then accelerate. i find this very useful! and the engine sounds nice! does anyone else do this?

im just not sure if this would ruin my clutch???

no i usually down gear to the gear i want to accelerate OUT of the corner with and i use my DE acceleration as my means of shifting the weight forward to the front tyres for better traction

HEHE yeah i never thought of it till now but i KNOW that, that is a very effective way of cornering in a front driven car

by the way i also tried this left foot breaking and me too had problems with over breaking cus my foot is used to using the clutch not steady breaking HAHA

no i usually down gear to the gear i want to accelerate OUT of the corner with and i use my DE acceleration as my means of shifting the weight forward to the front tyres for better traction

HEHE yeah i never thought of it till now but i KNOW that, that is a very effective way of cornering in a front driven car

by the way i also tried this left foot breaking and me too had problems with over breaking cus my foot is used to using the clutch not steady breaking HAHA

i think you want to have the power band out of the corner as mentioned

so you dont want to have low revs entering a corner .. you want them somewhere mid range..

say if uve got a 8k rpm redline ud wanna enter at about 5krpm and then u can rocket out when u get your line

hmm its hard to twist your leg in that small footwell especially when your as tall as me

it IS a pain toyota seems to like to position their gas pedals to shallow and a bit too far on their newer cars i found that adjusting the seat height helped a bit u can always try it without shoes first and see how u go

hmm its hard to twist your leg in that small footwell especially when your as tall as me

it IS a pain toyota seems to like to position their gas pedals to shallow and a bit too far on their newer cars i found that adjusting the seat height helped a bit u can always try it without shoes first and see how u go

yer i cant do it in the rolla .. id need to get a smaller steering wheel too coz i hit my legs on it

haha where the cars EVER like that in australia

i didint think they were

or am i missing the joke

lol also my legs hit the steering wheel to

ive got it titled up as far as it goes

sea down as far as it goes

and far back enough so i still have good arm control on the steering

LOL maybe i need longer arms LOL

haha where the cars EVER like that in australia

i didint think they were

or am i missing the joke

lol also my legs hit the steering wheel to

ive got it titled up as far as it goes

sea down as far as it goes

and far back enough so i still have good arm control on the steering

LOL maybe i need longer arms LOL

I had the problem before, but after I got a set of sports pedal installed and get used to it, i can do "heel & toe" without any problem. :)

I reckon we should get a lowered seat, eg SPARCO, group buy anyone?? :D