Dash trim panel - pops back out

Hi,

I have some how managed to 'pop' a bit of trim panel out on the dash just above the cigarette lighter - I tried to push it back in, but it pops back out again, so I'm thinking I'll take the whole bit out, then put it back in and see if I have any joy.. However.. I can't get it free.

I've taken the surround off from around the headunit (knew how to do that as I did the stereo), but I've never taken anything lower than that apart before.. I haven't found any screws to get the surround free, however it does seem to be lose - just caught on something.. Any ideas?

Its a '98 (AE100?) corolla..

Thanks in Advance :)

post-33736-0-90349400-1391054108_thumb.j

Give it a firm hit with the palm of your hand, the clips around the cigarette lighter are pretty tight. The only screws holding that panel on are the two at the top underneath the air-con controls.

If that doesn't work, then gently (it snaps easily, mine already has) pry the whole panel free, line up the clips and get that section clipped in first