DNF Button, Jenson Honda DNF

DNF Sutil, Adrian Spyker-Ferrari DNF

DNF Webber, Mark Red Bull-Renault DNF

DNF Fisichella, Giancarlo Renault DNF

DNF Yamamoto, Sakon Spyker-Ferrari DNF

The truth comes out:

Hamilton's own error cost him the title

23 October 2007

Lewis Hamilton has admitted that he lost the title due to a human error. The young Briton lost a lot of time when his car all of a sudden seemed to slow down, but after a while he managed to get it going. He fell back to P18 and had to work himself up the field again in order to fight for the championship title.

Speaking to French newspaper La Presse Hamilton said: "My finger slipped on the wheel and I accidentally pressed the button to start a starting procedure. The car went in neutral and I had to reinitialize the system in order to get going again."

link

So he did have a bullet proof car all season, just a little mistake at the wrong time. :whistling:

that story has been denied by the team and was only printed in 1 paper and picked up by a lowly reliable website.

You will notice that Autosport, the most respected website, did not run that story and for good reason, it's false.

that story has been denied by the team and was only printed in 1 paper and picked up by a lowly reliable website.

You will notice that Autosport, the most respected website, did not run that story and for good reason, it's false.

i read that story on a f1 site and they seemed to be quoting his exact words. the only other rumour i have heard is that he boiled the hydrauics and lost controls untill they cooled down. is that possible? either way it still points to driver error.

on eurosport news, hamilton said he was trying to win the championship gloriously by winning the race. you would think an experienced team boss would have talked to him and told him to drive for position.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Hamilton VS The Stig!!! :yahoo:

Make sure to watch (download :P) Top Gear this weekend. link

I missed it!!! How did Hamilton fare vs. the coolest non competition driver on the planet?? :D

If you don't want to know don't scroll down!

Hamilton missed out on setting the record set by the Stig (1:44.4) by only 0.3secs on a wet and oily track!! :o

He already asked to be invited back in dry conditions.

Hamilton missed out on setting the record set by the Stig (1:44.4) by only 0.3secs on a wet and oily track!! :o

He already asked to be invited back in dry conditions.

That is pretty damn quick... wow....

I would definitely love to see the dry time :o

That said, I would also love to see The Stig get an opportunity to set a new lap record. It's been a while since he set that... and considering how many times he's driven since then, I'm wagering he could shave a few milliseconds off again.

The problem is, I'm not sure just how much info Renault had. Mclaren claim they had equivalent to 770 pages of documents, while Renault claim they had a few discs that were put onto 1 computer. At least with the Ferrari-Mclaren case both parties agreed that there was a 780 page document involved.

The thing Renault have on their side is the fact that the information was loaded onto a single computer by Phil Mackereth who was suspended from the team as soon as it was discovered, then the FIA and McLaren were both notified that the information was present on their system. Only a hand full of people had seen the information and it was never made into a hard copy, unlike the Ferrari information that McLaren had.

• 1 month later...