Toyota Formula 1 Team

For the people that couldn't get up at 3am to watch the race :P

Another pit lane error by Hamilton

Please wait a few seconds for Video to Load!

I really can't see how he didn't realize that the two cars in front have slowed down to stop, especially when he said he saw the red light <_< plus he wasn't even that close to them either

Lucky he didn't take out Kubica as well, I don't think he would be as cool about it as Kimi :lol:

• Replies 446
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

• 2 weeks later...

Keep an eye out this weekend on the Toyota team as they are involved with the new Batman movie premier :o

The car will have some Batman decals, as well as a demo with the Batmobile on track B)

Looks like TEN HD will be showing the race LIVE again!! Woot :yahoo:

Hope they keep it up. And I don't see why they can't show qualifying live too, its only for an hour... bloody GayFL :P

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Looks like Hamiltons head is getting bigger and bigger :blink:

Lewis talking about this fight in the last few laps at Spa with Raikkonen:

"Well, that's his driving, that's all," he said. "That is how he drives. If you don't have the balls to brake late then that is your problem! At the end of the day, in those situations it is the driver who can feel the grip more and put the car more on the edge.

"And I know I am great in those conditions. I felt the grip more than him, I knew where to place my car and I did place it in different positions to him and I found the grip."

As anyone could tell Lewis, Kimi of anyone has the balls to put his car on the edge, the car he had at Spa simply just didn't have the grip to do so. We all can see Lewis is good in the wet, but say your great yourself is a bit :wacko:

Looks like that statement has come to bite Hamilton back.

Looks like he is a bit too over confident with himself, silly boy bolting on inters on the first lap of Q2.

That was a very entertaining qualifying session, and awesome work from Vettel and Webber. Good to see the old Minardi crew getting a break.

Keen to see how Vettel goes in the race tomorrow, Berger reckons they will be just as good in the dry :o

And hope Webber doesn't do a Webber.

You could tell ferrari were stuck between a rock an d hard place in Q2. Either Kimi progressed to Q3 and Massa was left out of the running or Kimi started from13th. That or They couldn't get the car working. I can't work out why Ferrari and McLaren were sitting out the practice sessions where it was raining. To me, they got what they deserved.

And go Webber! I want to see a podium with Webber, Vettel and Massa on it.

• 1 month later...

For those who were too soft to get up or stay up to watch the race....................

THAT WAS THE MOST EXCITING RACE EVER.... right down to the very last lap...

The best part was... a Toyota was the deciding factor of the Championship!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

2008 Drivers Standings

1. Lewis Hamilton McLaren Mercedes 98

2. Felipe Massa Ferrari 97

3. Kimi Raikkonen Ferrari 75

4. Robert Kubica BMW Sauber 75

5. Fernando Alonso Renault 61

6. Nick Heidfeld BMW Sauber 60

7. Heikki Kovalainen McLaren Mercedes 53

8. Sebastian Vettel Scuderia Toro Rosso 35

9. Jarno Trulli Toyota 31

10. Timo Glock Toyota 25

11. Mark Webber Red Bull Racing 21

12. Nelson Piquet Jr Renault 19

13. Nico Rosberg Williams 17

14. Rubens Barrichello Honda Racing 11

15. Kazuki Nakajima Williams 9

16. David Coulthard Red Bull Racing 8

17. Sebastien Bourdais Scuderia Toro Rosso 4

18. Jenson Button Honda Racing 3

2008 Constructor Team Standings

1. Ferrari 172

2. McLaren Mercedes 151

3. BMW Sauber 135

4. Renault 80

5. Toyota 56

6. Scuderia Toro Rosso 39

7. Red Bull Racing 29

8. Williams 26

9. Honda Racing 14

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
Looks like Honda might be leaving soon, explains why they didn't confirm any drivers for next year ;)

Honda has officially withdrawn, and have put the F1 team up for sale...

To boost the chances of a quick sale, Honda has offered to absorb all outstanding debt, and will offer the team's garage facilities at Brackley for a nominal fee of $1.

The Independent reckon the two most likely to follow are Red Bull and Toyota...

I'll raise the offer and give them $2 for the facilities :P

I would be surprised if Toyota have troubles in the next 1-2 years. They were trying to enter in Le Mans 24hrs again, but shelved it just as the markets crashed. If they do leave F1, they would probably just put that money into Le Mans anyway. Speaking of Le Mans, Audi have pulled out for the 24hrs next year.

I'll raise the offer and give them $2 for the facilities :P

I would be surprised if Toyota have troubles in the next 1-2 years. They were trying to enter in Le Mans 24hrs again, but shelved it just as the markets crashed. If they do leave F1, they would probably just put that money into Le Mans anyway. Speaking of Le Mans, Audi have pulled out for the 24hrs next year.

Haha - I raise you again, no more low ball this time.

5 dollars :ph34r:

I agree, Toyota is probably big enough to just sit tight. Mind you, they have spent 2.2 billion AUD over the last 5 yrs on F1 - but their overall net income this year is (only :huh: ) 9 billion AUD - which, if The Independent is to be believed, represents a 68% decline.

So, over 5 years, they are spending a figure representative of roughly 5% of their income on F1 racing - I'd be interested to know if F1 actually generates a positive on return on that (hence why Honda have quit)...

(heres the article I was reading earlier, btw)

http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/motor-r...da-1055621.html

Edited by Leroy

The better a team does, the better the reward from the TV revenue, no points = no money. Not to mention getting more money from sponsorship. It is said that Ferrari actually make a profit out of F1, same with McLaren; even with the huge fine they received last year. I doubt Toyota would be making money out of the exercise, but I doubt they would be any where near the hole Honda was in. Toyota need to start getting consistent results otherwise the money pool can quickly dry up...