Smells from outside

oodee

I’m not sure if it’s only me that has this problem or not but here it is anyway.

If you are following a car that is blowing a bit of smoke, do you find that the smell is really strong and is like your face as about 5cm behind the exhaust pipe and doesn’t go away without winding down the windows for a few minutes to let the smell out.

Previous cars that I have owned have never had this problem, is there a filter missing or something, it is getting quite bad now as I drive past the construction of Eastlink (Melbourne) twice daily and the smell of all that dirt and trees being dug up is really strong.

Does anyone have this problem, or is there something I can do to make it better?

Cheers

Donna

Edited by HDACHE

I’m not sure if it’s only me that has this problem or not but here it is anyway.

If you are following a car that is blowing a bit of smoke, do you find that the smell is really strong and is like your face as about 5cm behind the exhaust pipe and doesn’t go away without winding down the windows for a few minutes to let the smell out.

Previous cars that I have owned have never had this problem, is there a filter missing or something, it is getting quite bad now as I drive past the construction of Eastlink (Melbourne) twice daily and the smell of all that dirt and trees being dug up is really strong.

Does anyone have this problem, or is there something I can do to make it better?

Cheers

Donna

turn the aircon from taking air from outside to the inside..

mine has like a lever u can turn it either to the picture of a car with an arrow coming from outside to inside.. or turn it to the picture of a car with a arrow that goes around in circles inside.

all cars are the same

Edited by Romp

I'm wondering if you guys have a problem with whatever it is that closes off the incoming air ... our wagon seals right up when we flick the lever to recirc.

Perhaps yours isn't closing up for some reason.

As far as a filter goes, I assume people are referring to a pollen filter or something, I could be wrong, but I didn't think such an item was available for the Corolla.

Yeah i've noticed it, dirty diesel trucks & buses annoy the hell out of me :angry: When i'm not using the air-conditioning I prefer to drive with fresh air, however using recirculated air with the window open usually fixes the problem.

Edited by Conquest