Finally my Rukus DRL

Samuels

Finally have my DRL installed. :)

Probably the simplest and the best suited to Rukus, no cutting required !

Dim function working well with headlights on

The only problem is you will have to take off the whole bumper while you installing the DRL.

Enjoy !

post-30907-0-57407300-1399119754_thumb.j

post-30907-0-61659000-1399119789_thumb.j

post-30907-0-78539000-1399119805_thumb.j

• Like 2

Shipped from US and landed to AU for the price 350 AUD, the company called Rostra :clap:

*By the way, the seller offer me a group buy price, so if anyone interested just contact me and see whether i can help or not :)

Edited by Samuels
  • Like 1

The only problem is you will have to take off the whole bumper while you installing the DRL.

Enjoy !

Looks Good.

Much of a price difference between those and the longer ones?

Enjoy !

Woww they really do look so amazing. you did an awesome Job :) i would love to take you up on your offer as i am very much interested in buying if you can also get them at a good price. will give u my mobile so that when i am ready to buy you can either send me text or message inbox. i am getting ready to move house in next few months after i find new place think i will be ready to buy, if you can wait that is ;) i have waited long enough for lights there even though i am having DRL's already. BTW how much are the longer ones.? & how many more they come in.?

They only come with a 4 LED version. I wish they do have a longer one.

Of coz you can custom build one with a lower price, but this light will be the best option if you cant build one.

• 2 weeks later...

Good News guys, recently the dealer contact me about the manufacture has dropped the price significantly.

Now they are doing the price for 247.5 USD ! And I also have the refund on the different. :clap:

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

Good News guys, recently the dealer contact me about the manufacture has dropped the price significantly.

Now they are doing the price for 247.5 USD ! And I also have the refund on the different. :clap:

just wondering how long is this offer available.? as i am very much interested in buying if the manufacture can wait a few more months. please let me know when you can. so glad you got a refund on the difference, i am only wishing to buy 2 sets of 4 as i am already having 2 sets of 4 DRL's down the bottom & would be for the best if i also stick with 4. thanks cheers :D

Just out of curiosity did you purchase these directly from rostra? I assume the recent discount might be related to it being standard on the 2014 facelifted Scion XB (speculation murmur murmur murmur :P)

• 2 years later...

Apologies for the thread necro.........Long time lurker, first time poster.

http://www.rostra.com/manuals/260-1002-XB1_Form5304.pdf

I have just installed the Rostra DRLs to my Rukus and the engine wont crank!

If I remove the Rostra fuse adaptor (a 5A and 7.5A fuse piggybacked into the ignition slot) and replace it with the regular 7.5A fuse, it starts fine.

The DRLs light up OK with the headlights and parkers etc but not, obviously with ignition on.

Continuity and fuses check out OK.

Any ideas?

PS. I bought them up from Parts Pros on ebay for about $160 delivered from the US.

• 5 months later...
14 minutes ago, marty.mobile said:

Just bought a Rukus and found this forum... Clearly you must have got this sorted Terry? What was the trick please?

Hi, Yeah it is sorted.

I tapped off the ecu fuse (I think, cant remember exactly) and they work perfectly. It was the only fuse in the engine bay that  worked in conjunction with the ignition and allowed the car to be started.

They do come on and shut off with the fuel pump though. ie. when you put your foot on the brake to start they light up and switch off a second or so after you push the start button to stop, if that makes sense.

Edited by Terry007
  • Like 1

• 6 years later...
On 5/3/2014 at 10:27 PM, Samuels said:

Finally have my DRL installed. 🙂

Enjoy !

Hi Mate, inwhere you got this LED kit, I seek around on global ebay/Amazon wasn't find? thanks!

post-30907-0-57407300-1399119754_thumb.j

post-30907-0-61659000-1399119789_thumb.j

post-30907-0-78539000-1399119805_thumb.j