1993 4x4 Suspension too stiff, Seat too low

Kalgarkis

Hi all. I just bought myself a 1993 4 door Hilux 4WD. I absolutely love it but it's a dog awful ride. It's got a 2" suspension lift. I feel every bump on every road and bounce along like a yo yo. It also has no body roll and funny enough corners better than our Prado. Is this normal? Can anything be done to soften the ride? New shokies perhaps?

Also my font seat is too low. I know this is normal but I feel like a little kid peering over my steering wheel. Anyone know of another seat that's higher AND more comfortable that will bolt in?

I'd love to hear from you.

Phil ^_^

Suggest having seat re-padded by motor trimmer. Licensing do not treat short drivers properly IMHO. They need to insist that drivers eyes need to be abt 2/3 up windscreen height. Re-pad, use cushion if legal or raise seat to fix. Stiff springs? It's a 4WD-it's meant to be stiff, or it will bottom out too easily. Shocks reduce rebound, don't normally affect harshness of ride, just help it be stable. The ride can be softened by removing overriders, &/or leaves/de tension torque bars until you're comfortable-just don't go over any harsh ground afterwards, partic at any speed. Or carry several bags of sand. Lift kits are generally reversible, if you don't want it anymore.

Edited by Manxman