Hi. 2008 Aurion Presara

Hello.

I am confused about the Smart Entry and Smart Start. I have only had the vehicle 2 days and I have read the Owners Manual all the way through. What I do not understand is where to keep the Smart Key - like not within a metre of a TV, PC, etc. Okay, I understand that, but it is the battery drain on the car I do not understand.

How far away should the key be to not put a drain on the car battery? Should I get the Smart Entry disabled to stop this?

As I said, I have read the Manual - and on this point, over and over, but I still don't understand what the requirements are.

Please help... Thankyou.

It doesn't really matter where you keep it. The battery drain on the car would be minimal, just keep it outside of the cars range (around 1m from the door) for security reasons.

If you keep the key near other devices which have wireless capability it may drain the remotes battery quicker but again I believe this to be minimal. Try holding the key and a mobile phone in the same hand touching each other and the smart entry doesn't work because of interference.

You're over thinking it - just enjoy the car and put the keys somewhere secure so no one can steal them :)

• Like 1