new kluger engine swap

nethon

can some body help with this question please ....i put my new 2013 toyota kluger for litlle smash repair ...the car sit at the doggy smash repair place for 1 week...just one thing i started to worry ...is ...my car engine my be swap or change ...can they do that or not ...please help...if yes ....how can i find down....i can not find my engine numbers at all ..please help

can some body help with this question please ....i put my new 2013 toyota kluger for litlle smash repair ...the car sit at the doggy smash repair place for 1 week...just one thing i started to worry ...is ...my car engine my be swap or change ...can they do that or not ...please help...if yes ....how can i find down....i can not find my engine numbers at all ..please help

Physically, yes of course they can remove your engine and swap in a different one without telling you. It's also highly illegal. Engine number will be recorded on the registration, and any change to that number has to get updated with the RTA/RMS.

Sounds like you're just being paranoid, a lot of smash repair places are quite busy and cars will sit there for a while until they get fixed. Also, has your insurance assessor gone over the car yet? Maybe they're waiting on that to happen (and insurance agents are often lazier than smashies, especially if they are going to have to pay out)

Also, this doesn't belong in the "86 Club" section....

• Like 1