Steering shudder

FZ1Dave

Hi all,

I have a 2004 VZN167R V6 SR5 that has developed a slight steering shudder. It is not constant and only feels like at certain places as the wheel turns. The steering seems to be working fine apart from this. No leaks, oil level is correct and the belt is in good condition. Has anyone come across this before. the vehicle has just over 200k on it.

Cheers in advance.

Dave.

usually 3 possibilities: bad wheel bearing, bad tie rod/steering, bad wheel ballance. tyre shp can check the wheel ballance, You can grab wheel at 9 and 3 o'clock and push/pull hard, the 12 and 6 with wheel off the ground. Movement indicates problem. Tie rods-if worn there's a loose spot in the steering where nothing happens despite steering wheell movement. All of these are pioirity repairs. NB if new tyres, ballance ONLY after about a months' driving.

Thanks Manxman.

I don't thinks its balance as I don't have the typical steering wheel shake but i'll check the bearings and tie rod ends. I still think it may be box related or even idler arm, was just checking to see if it might be an occurrence that has happened before to anyone!

Dave.