Auto Trans

Switchd4good

Just bought a 92 tcr10 tarago and i am in the middle of a major service as i have always done when i have bought older cars(already massively impressed BTW)

The only major issues i am having are that the transmission shifts through the gears very quickly(Not holding them even on full throttle) and will not kick down at all

I can manually downchange without any drama and both up and down shifts are very smooth

I have adjusted the cable as suggested but have not as yet done a fluid change(waiting onthe kit)

But it looks as if the fluid is clean so im not convinced that is the problem

I did my first bare shell rebuild on a car when i was 12 and am now 43 so i know my way around cars so you dont have to dumb it down too much for me but i have not had a lot to do with toyotas

I am also having an issue with a semi functional tacho but will look at that when i attack the dizzy for a lead/plug change

Ken

Just bought a 92 tcr10 tarago and i am in the middle of a major service as i have always done when i have bought older cars(already massively impressed BTW)

The only major issues i am having are that the transmission shifts through the gears very quickly(Not holding them even on full throttle) and will not kick down at all

I can manually downchange without any drama and both up and down shifts are very smooth

I have adjusted the cable as suggested but have not as yet done a fluid change(waiting onthe kit)

But it looks as if the fluid is clean so im not convinced that is the problem

I did my first bare shell rebuild on a car when i was 12 and am now 43 so i know my way around cars so you dont have to dumb it down too much for me but i have not had a lot to do with toyotas

I am also having an issue with a semi functional tacho but will look at that when i attack the dizzy for a lead/plug change

Ken

Go to ZEN Adventre previa good web site for taragos /previas